Real Name
Jim
cbc kids ok GIF by CBC

• Haha
Reactions: blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
nowhere near as in depth as your setup but with my 85 sony, i have a klipsch subwoofer and center channel, then i've got 4 ceiling mounted polk speakers that i did the backing boards thing to, like you did.

im going to move them closer to the couch though once i get two more front speakers for the 7 channel setup...

i have a 7-channel sony receiver just sitting in the box for the past 2-3 months though to replace my 3-4 year old sony 5-channel, i just haven't gotten the time to get around to it.

my Klipsch sub sits in the furthest left door and i could add another to the farthest right compartment- the panels can be wood or mesh.

craiglist stuff ftmfw.

View attachment 131344

Nice setup!

We've also got a 85" Sony upstairs with a Sony sound bar/subwoofer. I can't watch TV through stock speakers anymore. The week that I had covid last month and isolated in our bedroom, I was tempted to order a cheap sound bar to use for those few days, the sound of the LG built in speakers was horrible.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I just skimmed the whole thread again. Awesome project man, it turned out nice without spending a million bucks. Really sounds like you guys use it a lot too.

Thanks! It helped getting a few components a few years ago.

Honestly, I use it alot more than anyone else. My wife isn't a "movie" person. We did watch most of the Bears game down there this weekend and she says the big screen makes her a bit nauseous. LOL

Me and the kids played some Mario Kart down there recently, man that was nice having essentially a 60" screen for each quadrant on the split screen.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Xmas gifts included some things for the basement home theater.

Empire Strikes Back Title Crawl Rug and Top 100 Movies scratch off poster.

I spent about an hour scratching off the movies I have seen from the top 100, 84 have been seen. I may have seen an 85th years ago, but I'm not sure so I left it covered. I still need to hang the poster up.

IMG_0711.JPG
IMG_0712.JPG
IMG_0731.JPG
IMG_0742.JPG

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Need a few 48" OLED wall gallery TV's so you can have rolling movie posters. :)
That's not a bad idea. I do have an older 720p 3X" TV that's sitting in a room, unused.

However, about a year ago I bought like 8 or 10 movie posters from a kid who used to work at a movie theater, so they're the big ones you see when you walk in there. I need to get frames for them and hang them up.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
That's not a bad idea. I do have an older 720p 3X" TV that's sitting in a room, unused.

However, about a year ago I bought like 8 or 10 movie posters from a kid who used to work at a movie theater, so they're the big ones you see when you walk in there. I need to get frames for them and hang them up.

Sell me some I’ve been wanting to frame some up in my theater room

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Xmas gifts included some things for the basement home theater.

Empire Strikes Back Title Crawl Rug and Top 100 Movies scratch off poster.

I spent about an hour scratching off the movies I have seen from the top 100, 84 have been seen. I may have seen an 85th years ago, but I'm not sure so I left it covered. I still need to hang the poster up.

View attachment 145113View attachment 145114View attachment 145115View attachment 145116
Dirty dancing is top 100, but Boys In The Hood isnt???
Who the fuck created that top 100?
I might have seen about 20 of those movies lol

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020

Doesn't list the source.

I know years ago (when Netflix was physical discs) I went through a top 100 list, which is how I checked off a good chunk of the 84 that I have seen (though a bunch are modern popular movies).

It's definately not the AFI Top 100

Also not IMDB's Top 100

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info