🏡 Better Homes blue-sun's basement home theater

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
CA4E2ED9-734A-4120-A652-9D4125158D24.jpeg

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
So it's been a couple days, and I gotta say I'm loving this projector!

There was a free movie weekend that just ended Monday on xfinity, so I've been watching a mix of 4k UHD discs, bluray discs and streaming via xfinity some movies I've been meaning to catch up on.

Also been going to the local disc replay stores and scoping out their 4k and blurays for hidden gems I want to revisit in 120"

Physical media versions are definitely better in all ways (audio and video). I haven't tried streaming digital versions of movies we have via Apple TV yet. We do have the Harry Potter series on digital only, so I do want to rewatch the last few soon and I'll see how digital movies look, especially one that's got some really dark scenes.

Still need to get a rug for the floor, we're waiting for a decent sale on Ruggagble.com for a star wars themed rug to help with the glare off the floor and absorb some noise.

Here are the movies I've watched and how I watched them:

Rogue One - bluray
Spiderman Into The Spiderverse - 4k UHD
The French Dispatch - xfinity stream
Nobody - xfinity stream
@Zola - xfinity stream
Minari - xfinity stream

A few pics from The French Dispatch:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I love it!

Use it all the time!

nowhere near as in depth as your setup but with my 85 sony, i have a klipsch subwoofer and center channel, then i've got 4 ceiling mounted polk speakers that i did the backing boards thing to, like you did.

im going to move them closer to the couch though once i get two more front speakers for the 7 channel setup...

i have a 7-channel sony receiver just sitting in the box for the past 2-3 months though to replace my 3-4 year old sony 5-channel, i just haven't gotten the time to get around to it.

my Klipsch sub sits in the furthest left door and i could add another to the farthest right compartment- the panels can be wood or mesh.

craiglist stuff ftmfw.

1662476122174.png

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
nowhere near as in depth as your setup but with my 85 sony, i have a klipsch subwoofer and center channel, then i've got 4 ceiling mounted polk speakers that i did the backing boards thing to, like you did.

im going to move them closer to the couch though once i get two more front speakers for the 7 channel setup...

i have a 7-channel sony receiver just sitting in the box for the past 2-3 months though to replace my 3-4 year old sony 5-channel, i just haven't gotten the time to get around to it.

my Klipsch sub sits in the furthest left door and i could add another to the farthest right compartment- the panels can be wood or mesh.

craiglist stuff ftmfw.

View attachment 131344
That baby pen is awesome, we'll be giving ours to a friend when our daughter outgrows it.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

craiglist stuff ftmfw.

View attachment 131344
Which 5 channel Sony, and what are your plans for it after you swap it out???

Reactions: blue-sun
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info