🏡 Better Homes blue-sun's basement home theater

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
That means you should go back and get it.
My mom painted this Death Star for me years ago, I snapped the pic to see if she would paint it for me, or I used to be creative and do a little painting, I thought I would save it for inspiration.

Currently this sits over my WFH desk but I may be rearranging the decorations in here and moving all movie and music related items down to the basement.

6231D6CD-CEB9-4205-9F78-5AD729CDAF50.jpeg

C78A6EB6-429C-4A62-A409-C7FE180338DE.jpeg

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Got my canvas prints up on the wall. Decided this wall needed all the Star Wars. Nothing is on the smaller wall on the right, for now.

Also went and picked up 4 more frames for the large movie posters, but as I was getting them in the frames, noticed 1 had a crack in the plastic so I need to go exchange it tomorrow AM then I’ll mount all these on my stairs.

2BB4C9FC-F702-41D9-BD0C-1726E180268E.jpeg
BC8ACC7B-A5C5-49B5-8518-DCC382EFAADC.jpeg

7C3D0DE7-D4C9-4AA9-86CC-40CD01D7A634.jpeg

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
We're hoping to have some walls in the house repainted, probably later this year (if my promised promotion happens) or next year, and while we have painters here, the plan is to have them re paint the walls to the basement.

And maybe, if possible, have them do the ceiling into the basement black and put up a Star Wars crawl on it, like this:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Pics look good, but I’m gonna be that guy lol. Pic dead center should be centered with the soffit. Pics to the left and right of the soffit should have the same spacing ??‍♂️

Sorry man, but after hanging artwork for the past 20yrs as part of my job. That shit immediately catches my eye lol.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Pics look good, but I’m gonna be that guy lol. Pic dead center should be centered with the soffit. Pics to the left and right of the soffit should have the same spacing ??‍♂️

Sorry man, but after hanging artwork for the past 20yrs as part of my job. That shit immediately catches my eye lol.
Walls aren’t the same length. Looked off when they were centered.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Not sure where to put this, but since it’s more basement work, my home theater thread is as good a place as any.

Nephew is an electrician apprentice and is going to school for electrician as well. I have little to no knowledge about anything beyond replacing an outlet or wall switch, so I recruited his help as I knew this would take a little more effort.

Workshop/utility room/storage room in the basement, right off the theater has always had shitty old can lights in there. All pull string lights except for a row of cans above the workbench. I replaced the ones above the workbench a few years ago when we moved in and hard wired a shop LED in its place. All other can lights or pull string lights were left as is. The lighting has always bothered me, so a few weeks ago I ordered another dozen cheap LED shop lights, same ones I have in my garage.

Newphew and his friend came by tonight and we did some electrical work. All old lights came out and 8 LEDS went in the workshop and 2 went in the closet that’s under the stairs. I have 2 LEDs plus my old shop light left to use somewhere. It’s bright and I love it.

Plan for winter, before the Xmas tree comes back down here (we keep it standing up and covered with some old sheets) is to do some more organization down here. It’s a mess, I cleared a lot of stuff out for us to work down here that’s not back and pictured.

IMG_3520.jpeg

IMG_3519.jpeg

IMG_3518.jpeg

IMG_3522.jpeg

IMG_3516.jpeg

IMG_3517.jpeg

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info