• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Blue Marauder Repair progress

Baaad Gn

Jun 19, 2012
Painting cars really isn't that hard, I've done maybe 6-7 cars in my garage. The hard part is getting them ready, everything you've done will show after the paint is layed on, one car was for my mother in law, a 1974 Old's 98 4 dr, it was a battleship! Brad and I must have sanded for two weeks gettin everything ready. Layed color and about four coats of clear. I must say it was the best I ever did! Car lasted about two weeks and was taken from the IC train station. A week later found around 36th and Kedzie, ah at least the shell was! I got the feeling it was taken by someone who looked like Obama's son. Just a guess!

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Finally found the real reason the front end was sitting to low to the frame.
Take note, when you launch your car and slam it down to earth, the entire body is probably wrinkled where you can't see it on the firewall.
Here's the fix....all is PERFECT NOW!

2013-03-25_18-24-00_172_zps767ed5aa.jpg

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Despite a tail lamp out waiting on a replacement bulb, its 100% complete.
Overall i am very pleased with the turnout.
The only gap that's out of spec is the hood in relationship to the passenger side fender.
That area took a huge beating and required bending of the upper door and shimming of the fender.
It could be made to be perfect with a whole lot of work, but its just not worth it.
I never expected the car to be perfect again, and honestly I'm still afraid to drive it around....I just don't want to be let down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info