I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
hj16 said:
Blah Blah Blah

I have ZERO worries :p
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1245

tterbo said:
[email protected]
Just got back from the track and knocked almost 8/10th off my quarter mile times! If you haven't seen my previous post, the best time I was able to get with the car completely stock was [email protected]. The weather was almost identical today. This is an A4 car with a little over 1500 miles. The car loves mods and responds very well to them. The mods responsible for this ET are:

- Vigilante 2600 stall converter
- BFG 275/40R17 Drag TA's on stock wheels (the fenderwell lip had to be rolled for these to clear)
- Removed 115 lbs from the car (motor skid plate, trunk brace, spare tire, jack, and wheel chocks, torque converter weighed 25 lbs. less than stock!) - most of this weight was removed at the track in about 20 minutes.
- Unifilter cold air intake
- Removed MAF screen
- Bypassed water through throttle body

The car was going consistent 1.8 60 ft/times with a best of 1.779. I think it will take either more motor or a higher stall converter to lower the 60 ft any more than this. I am happy with the 60 fts, but it still seems like the mph is a little low. After seeing Speed Inc's dyno results for their upcoming GTO headers, I think a set would easily put this car into the 12.80's. In the meantime, I have a ported throttlebody and an electric Meziere water pump coming. If we have another good weather day, it might run 12's even before the headers arrive!
bubbrubb.gif
Not bad for an auto... oh this is to the not supercharged one with little mods, but man they get drastic 115#s removed??? :clap:

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
It sounds like a pretty serious modder to have torn that new engine apart already, with untested parts nonetheless. He sounds pretty excited to be nearing the 12's. But that's nothing a lightly-equipped L can't handle.

Has anyone seen dyno numbers on that thing? I looked at the forum and couldn't find any.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info