• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

blown head gasket, need help!

grey03svt

Dec 14, 2004
are you sure its a blown head gasket?? That's nearly impossible to do on a 4valve.

in the well below the lower intake i have coolant pooled up. at first before i pulled the old blower off, i thought my LDC cooling mod was leaking. but with everything off, i can see that it is not...

i also have a small amount of oil on a part of the head gasket that sticks out a bit.

and checking out my coolant tank, i have small black in there.

i hope its not a head gasket, but what/where would that stuff come from?

i have pics on my phone ill try posting them in a bit

grey03svt

Dec 14, 2004
the pic with the red circle is the oil pooled on the head gasket.

LibPic245.jpg

painte343.jpg

LibPic02.jpg

grey03svt

Dec 14, 2004
Well I have the new blower on the car now. I'm just waiting on a belt and a new BF pulley. I couldn't do the exhaust gas in the coolant test... And I tried to pressurize the cooling system, but the fitting kept popping off the coolant tank, then the hand pump broke! $180 to rent that kit from advanced... I guess I'm going to have to test after I just installed a brand new blower......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info