• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

blower porting

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
could some one with a ported blower off there car take a picture of the inlet with dementions and the outlet with dementions I think its time to dabbel in a little porting.

Thanks,
Brett

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well for starters, look at the porting guidlines on the standard abrasives website. They concentrate on head porting, but a lot of the same techniques apply. Use the kiss principle, and don't go nuts shaping everything. If you have already disabled the egr, fill in the hole and divot for sure. If you go with epxoy to fill in any thing, use Devcon powdered metal epoxy for aluminum. The stuff is excellent, but hard to find. Just beware, get it as smooth as you can while it's still wet. It is as strong as steel when cured, and as hard to sand smooth. I'll have a project starting soon, but probably won't complete it for a few months. When I'm done, my old blower is coming off for a rebuild, rotor re-coat, and mild porting.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Thanks ron that sight is very helpfull.

thanks,
Brett

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Originally posted by 1quick98_gs@Jan 26 2005, 07:48 AM
Thanks ron that sight is very helpfull.

thanks,
Brett
[snapback]68927[/snapback]​
Be Careful... Hand porting is an art and you need patience and a still hand. The most important part is to make everything as smooth as possible. This is why we CNC machine our blowers... I don't trust my hands and a grinder. :)

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yeah...what Mike said. That's what I meant by not going nuts. KISS (keep it simple stupid) Just clean up the rough stuff, don't try to reshape.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom