• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

blower for 2v?

GoldPanther

♫Please press 1 for more options♫
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
There was a guy selling a whole SC kit used on one of the fb selling groups, all for about 1200. I'm assuming that you're looking something for your recent vic right? [MENTION=10521]ajdereicup[/MENTION] may know what I'm talking about.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
You are thinking of Tork Tech

Cheapest way is to get a used centrifugal, an eBay pipe kit and decent intercooler.
You can build everything In a day and spend about 2k
yeah i think that was it, but wernt they $4000 or so? i thought there was a "use stock shit" Frankenstein kit offered.

Buy a chinese turbo and fab a budget kit on E85
eh. i dont want to start a huge thing on my daily driver.

There was a guy selling a whole SC kit used on one of the fb selling groups, all for about 1200. I'm assuming that you're looking something for your recent vic right? @ajdereicup may know what I'm talking about.

thats be great. i think thats what im thinking about. but might not be, cuz back in 2012 when i had my last vic i looked into it and it was like 4000 or so for the kit.

Skunk

Jan 6, 2015
Ford 2v 4.6 Procharger setup w/ Intercooler
Been on there for a while to so I'm sure you can get the price down

And corral always has a ton of kits in the 2000-2500 range

That isn't a bad setup if you're looking for a quick inexpensive upgrade. I'd think this would put you in the 350 + range...... Don't forget tho, no matter what you get add $4-500 for a new tune (+ a handheld if you don't have one)

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
yeah i think that was it, but wernt they $4000 or so? i thought there was a "use stock shit" Frankenstein kit offered.

A buddy installed a TVS Torque Tech kit on his Bullet. It had a few issues with it. To the point where parts had to be sent back to them to be changed. I don't quite remember what it was. I think the "bridge" bracket had to be sent back. Because the belt slipped on the alternator a lot. Making it squeal. They added an additional idler pulley for better wrap. They he got squeals from all over the place. There were a few goofy things with the lower intake as well. And some of the bolts were hard to get at and tighten. It was right after they came out with the kit. Hopefully the corrected the issues with the kit. If you have a blower, or can find one cheap, the kit isn't bad at 2500 for the intercooled kit.

Mustang Supercharger Kits, GT, Cobra | Tork Tech

Mod motors need that low end. I drove a buddies 2v GT with a S trim on it. The car ran low 11's being all stock engine. On the street it was a dog. Didn't make boost/power until 5500 and then you have to shift at 6500. ghey! The positive displacement blower was a lot more fun to drive around town.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info