DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Is this real?? What a fucking lineup

View attachment 135069

I came in here to talk shit and say a lot of these bands haven’t played together in 10 years, but then I did some research. Most of them are still active somehow with a few exceptions. Lit just released a studio album this year :rofl:.

• Wow
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I loved a lot of these names back in the day, but have very little desire to see them again. Paying big money for one of these shows, legally drinking $10 Miller light cans, and having no energy to mosh with all the other 30+s sounds like like a great way to ruin fond memories.

I saw blink a few years ago with A Day to Remember and All-American Rejects. It was weird. All the emo kids are now goofy adults. Apparently most of them vape now too? There was literally a vape contest for the biggest cloud and blink stopped the show for everybody to take a hit at once. It didn't help that this was in Ruoff which is basically a carbon copy of Midwest Bank Amphitheater or whatever it's called now. No mosh pit. Just a bunch of balding dudes in skinny jeans with their medicated ex-cutter girlfriends singing on a lawn. Nostalgic, but far from the same.

I finally got old I guess. :(

Reactions: DEEZUZ

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Well that’s depressing. I think it’s not as bad if the bands have actively been making new music and aren’t just playing the 2000’s greatest hits. A festival like that you’re going to hear the 2000’s greatest hits though.

Reactions: Mook

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
They're like $175 for 300 level, which is ridiculous IMO.

They can absolutely get fucked. I was interested mildly but there is no way in hell. I saw angels and airwaves at the NIU convocation center floor level for free with tickets my buddies mom got from her radio station job back in the day and that was cool. $175 for nose bleeds, no thanks.

Reactions: Sprayin
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info