đź”– Deals Black Friday 2019

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Damnit. :LOL: So I just ordered this. $600. Ryzen 5 3550H, GTX 1650, 120Hz IPS, and it's a lot more upgrade friendly. Has 2 dimm slots for ram upgrades, nothing is soldered in, and supposedly has everything set up to add an additional SSD right out of the box. AND it's supposed to be delivered today :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'll be returning the Lenovo when that shows up.

Walmart has another version of this one w/ a Ryzen 7 and GTX 1660, buts its 200 dollars more. No thanks.

I need to get away from my computer. I'm gonna go into work and get some stuff done.

Jesus I can't believe this. It's like the universe wanted me to have this. I ordered it. Went into work for a couple hours to get some stuff done, and also get out of the house and AWAY from my computer, came home, and the courier was literally pulling up as I got out of my car, and was able to hand it to me directly. :ROFLMAO: Didn't ask me who I was or if I lived here tho..............

Still waiting for a couple more items I ordered from amazon ON black friday that are supposed to be delivered today but still arent here yet.

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
Damnit. :LOL: So I just ordered this. $600. Ryzen 5 3550H, GTX 1650, 120Hz IPS, and it's a lot more upgrade friendly. Has 2 dimm slots for ram upgrades, nothing is soldered in, and supposedly has everything set up to add an additional SSD right out of the box. AND it's supposed to be delivered today :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'll be returning the Lenovo when that shows up.

Walmart has another version of this one w/ a Ryzen 7 and GTX 1660, buts its 200 dollars more. No thanks.

I need to get away from my computer. I'm gonna go into work and get some stuff done.
would this be good for most current games?
My sort of nephew is looking to get himself a decent gaming laptop when he gets out of basic training.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
would this be good for most current games?
My sort of nephew is looking to get himself a decent gaming laptop when he gets out of basic training.

I haven't really done any testing myself, but from a few videos ive watched, this does seem like a decent entry/mid level laptop for a non-hardcore gamer. It does punch a little bit above it's weight, but you wont be running games on ultra settings w/ this and getting stellar frame rates. The bottleneck is the single 8GB stick of ram, but there are 2 slots on this board, so it's easily upgradeable to a dual setup, so running dual 8GB or dual 16GB sticks would definitely help improve performance. Which I will probably do eventually.

Reactions: Kaeghl

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
For you guys looking for TVs, or anything else really for that matter, there are prices just as good, or in many cases, much better than Black Friday/Cyber Monday prices all throughout the year. Companies caught on years ago that you really don't have to discount stuff that much for BF/CM anymore because the perception of the masses is that BF/CM prices are the best prices of the year. So since they ASSUME this, companies realized they don't have to discount as much and still have great revenue during this time period. For those of us that keep an eye on prices throughout the year on things we might need, BF/CM prices have not been very impressive in quite a few years. Very rare to find a "killer deal" amidst the offerings.

If you are going to get a TV during this time period and are not concerned with THE best picture quality/panels available, TCL has been getting rave reviews for the price, dethroning the former leader of "bang for the buck", Vizio. Per expert/AV nerd reviews, the quality of picture vs. comparable big name brand models is minimal while offering significantly more bells and whistles at a lower price point than the big name brands.
I got my TV in April for $397, went up to $699 a month or two after

looks like it went back down a little for BF

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I've been casually looking, but really don't have anything I want to go spend money on. To me it's just another Friday. I'd like to get my mom a new TV, but have to work with some constraints for size. Needs to be 32" with a center stand, not the legs that are way out near the edges. Her little setup won't work for anything larger, and it's only 25" wide. So far can't find any 4K tv's that fit that.

Most of my shopping, if any will be for cyber monday.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info