đź”– Deals Black Friday 2019

GoldPanther

♫Please press 1 for more options♫
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
Is black friday the best time to pick up a new tv or is cyber monday a better bet?
Cybermonday is lame now ever since you can buy regular black Friday items online during black Friday. Last year I didn't see any better deals.

Last edited:
Reactions: SleeperLS
For you guys looking for TVs, or anything else really for that matter, there are prices just as good, or in many cases, much better than Black Friday/Cyber Monday prices all throughout the year. Companies caught on years ago that you really don't have to discount stuff that much for BF/CM anymore because the perception of the masses is that BF/CM prices are the best prices of the year. So since they ASSUME this, companies realized they don't have to discount as much and still have great revenue during this time period. For those of us that keep an eye on prices throughout the year on things we might need, BF/CM prices have not been very impressive in quite a few years. Very rare to find a "killer deal" amidst the offerings.

If you are going to get a TV during this time period and are not concerned with THE best picture quality/panels available, TCL has been getting rave reviews for the price, dethroning the former leader of "bang for the buck", Vizio. Per expert/AV nerd reviews, the quality of picture vs. comparable big name brand models is minimal while offering significantly more bells and whistles at a lower price point than the big name brands.

Last edited:

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
my pixel (original) has had pretty disappointing battery performance for a phone i paid like $800 and lasted maybe 3 years? it's been shitty for a while. none of my previous phones had had a battery this tanked. it's not that i have to recharge it often, it's that it says things like 40% while in reality touching it might cause it to die in 10 seconds.

in any case, google has the pixel 3a for $299 on black friday. i'm sure it's an upgrade to my ol' girl and not sure i could do any better at this price point for a new phone. also looking for something fi compatible as i'm not a big data user and the phone works globally at no extra cost, with free calls to the US over voip. so this is on my radar for immediate consumption.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
my pixel (original) has had pretty disappointing battery performance for a phone i paid like $800 and lasted maybe 3 years? it's been shitty for a while. none of my previous phones had had a battery this tanked. it's not that i have to recharge it often, it's that it says things like 40% while in reality touching it might cause it to die in 10 seconds.

in any case, google has the pixel 3a for $299 on black friday. i'm sure it's an upgrade to my ol' girl and not sure i could do any better at this price point for a new phone. also looking for something fi compatible as i'm not a big data user and the phone works globally at no extra cost, with free calls to the US over voip. so this is on my radar for immediate consumption.
I think I saw somewhere that Best Buy was going to have the 3a for like $150 off, but it was in store only. Not sure my patience and sanity is worth dealing with it. Would be a nice present for my dad. Would like to get him a new phone to upgrade his Galaxy 5S, but don’t need anything fancy other than decent camera and good battery life.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I don't se the hype on pixel phones. Gfs first one held up ok but lost ear mic after a pushed update, then she dropped her 5 month old 3axl last week, maybe a 3 ft drop in case, glass completely spidered then it died later that night. And then she just got the 4.

giphy.gif

• Wow
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Galaxy 5 from the land of dinosaurs?

I love my Note 9. Can't run that battery dead no matter how much I use it.
Yeah, it was sitting around for a while not being used and he wanted a smart phone. For the cost of a new battery (which isn’t very good) he got something to use.

Now that he is used to it I’d like to get him something better. Physically the phone is about 90% condition but the mic is a bit muffled and I think the GPS antenna broke as it won’t acquire signal.

So anything new or even refurb for a few hundred would be fine.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I don't se the hype on pixel phones. Gfs first one held up ok but lost ear mic after a pushed update, then she dropped her 5 month old 3axl last week, maybe a 3 ft drop in case, glass completely spidered then it died later that night. And then she just got the 4.

giphy.gif

i don't think the present flagship fares well against competitors, although not sure there is much better for me at 299? i'm sure a lot more phones support it now in part/mostly/fully, but also at the time i bought mine, there were very few that supported the project fi phone service.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I can hear the ad in my head now...

We guarantee your piece will appraise for double!

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I can hear the ad in my head now...

We guarantee your piece will appraise for double!

Their designs are a bit antiquated, but thanks for the rec.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info