Black Friday 2019

RareGMFan

Reaction score
greasy greasy The jewelry store in Naperville that my sister's wedding ring came from is closing because the owners want to retire. She said they were running some aggressive sales to clear out inventory. I think it was called The Diamond Gallery of Naperville in the same shopping center off Rt 59 as Buy Buy Baby.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
1574865435312.png

9.92 tax on a $19 thermostat through comed marketplace? jesus,/// :eek:

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
greasy greasy The jewelry store in Naperville that my sister's wedding ring came from is closing because the owners want to retire. She said they were running some aggressive sales to clear out inventory. I think it was called The Diamond Gallery of Naperville in the same shopping center off Rt 59 as Buy Buy Baby.
Dude thanks for the heads up!

Kaeghl

Reaction score
Interesting, how much do you save compared to retail?
well retail has a 500% to 1500% markup, this show has a lot of original makers so the prices can be so low you might second guess yourself. my sister is a jeweler and my mom took me to these shows for years so you get used to how much the general public is ripped off. couple that with the fast that a lot of the vendors there will haggle a bit on price to cut a sale.

RareGMFan

Reaction score
True story. Jewelry, mattresses and furniture have some of the most ridiculously marked up MSRPs in all of retail. That "killer deal" of 50% off you're getting is closer to what the STARTING prices should be on most of those items.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Yes, Mattresses is a Yuuugggeeee business in terms of margin gains for us.

Why do you think there are 4 mattress stores on every corner. Sell 5 mattresses a week and you've paid for the lease, utilities and payroll. :D

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand why there is such a large mark-up on mattresses. I feel like that industry must do some price setting to keep the prices so high.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I don't either, it seems to be a rather lucrative market.

RareGMFan

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand why there is such a large mark-up on mattresses. I feel like that industry must do some price setting to keep the prices so high.
Think about how many years (sometimes more than a decade) people go before buying a replacement mattress. You'd have a hard time staying in business if you had the typical slim margins most retail industries function in.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
They must absorb a lot of that gross margin in operating and down to net. I thought they're net was a lot higher. I used Tempur Sealy as a gauge.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
That being said, where are some good mattress deals then? I need a new one and don't want to pay $3k for one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom