đź’¦ Detailing Black Exterior Plastic - Especially on Trucks

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
What is the best method to keep black plastic fresh after each car wash?

In my case, the black plastic on top of the rear bumper and running boards on my truck do not clean up well. Car wash mitt doesn’t cut the mustard.

Thank you for the tips / tricks….

1629046786248.jpeg

1629046863913.jpeg

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Only thing that works (for me) very temporarily is that plastic trim “restorer” with the tiny brush. You’re definitely not doing large swathes of trim with it but good for the smaller bits.

For running boards, Dawn soap and a hard bristle cleaning brush works for me. Mine are also a “bed liner” type of material so it’s super porous.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I ordered some #39 earlier today. After washing the GTI yesterday, seeing my faded rubber trim reminded me I never did that. I even tried something new. Before the wash, APC scrub with a MF towel. Then applied some VLR on it, then proceeded to wash with my Wolfgang waterless wash, no real change to it.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
There's some good products out there, There's some garbage ones.

I personally use Ultima Tire and Trim Guard. It's a little pricey but it works great and I haven't had a problem with it yet. It doesn't go on greasy like some products, and is super hydrophobic.

Reactions: Blood on Blood
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info