Netflix Bird Box

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
One of the major plot holes is the creatures inability to go indoors. It's ludicrous to me that not once did an attack happen indoors. People just removed their blindfolds the second they got inside. The creatures couldn't follow them in? Were the creatures even physical beings? Even worse if they weren't and still couldn't find a way inside.

I don't get why so many people are praising this movie. It was a slightly better version of The Happening.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Wife and I enjoyed it. I didn't get too caught up in the whole "why can't it go inside?" issue. There are certain things about most every science fiction or fantasy or superhero story where you just have to allow yourself to suspend your knowledge of reality in order to just sit back and enjoy the story.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I liked the movie as well, didn’t have a ton of expectations going in. With that being said, I like others thought there were a lot of things unexplained.

The whole not being able to enter into the house thing didn’t bother me so much, the demons seemed to be intertwined with nature/the earth. I would have liked some better closure at the end though.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I thought it was pretty thrilling, kept me watching closely the whole movie. The ending didn't really phase me too much, kinda ended just like Gravity and I am Legend, where it's all like "you're here, end of movie" and both of those movies were pretty great too. I knew everyone but them were going to die somehow though, which kinda killed some of the "what's going to happen" for me, but again didn't really bother me as then I just wondered how they were going to die, albeit some of those deaths were meh.

Overall I'd give it a Doug Score of 6.5/10.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Waste of 2 hours. It was like M. Knight Shamalan called in the script while taking a dump and finished up before writing the plot twist at the end. Why were certain people able to see them and not kill themselves? Also it seems like these things weren't always around. Like the scene when the weirdos so up at the house in that car. Why not open the door, shoot them all then close the door? The other plot hole is when they're in the house and Malkovic is shooting at the dude blindfolded. Why not take off your blindfold to kill the guy and just not look out the window? Then there was no explanation for anything.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I think we've had most of this explained now...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/netflixs-bird-box-really-white-194100829.html

If you haven’t seen or read the viral social media discussions of the Netflix thriller Bird Box, you’re missing one of the greatest race allegory movies that have ever been released in the last part of December 2018. It’s about how white people suddenly realize that racism is spreading across the world and they can only escape it’s wrath if they refuse to acknowledge it because...

Wait. You think it’s a monster movie? Don’t be silly.

So when I started watching Bird Box, I was pulling for the invisible monster because I immediately recognized that the movie was a parable about white America’s willingness to ignore white supremacy.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
So she's hiding from minorities?

Yes...the article explains it perfectly!

One day White Privilege’s sister tells her about this never-before-seen problem called “racism.” They watch a little bit of news about this racism thing but they don’t worry about it because no one where they live is racist.

Then, during a trip into town to visit the doctor, they discover racism is everywhere and it’s spreading quickly. Things have gotten so bad that when people discover racism, they immediately become depressed. Privilege’s sister immediately kills herself, leaving our heroine surrounded by this invisible monster.

Luckily, because of her privilege, she finds a house where people are hiding from racism. It is filled with white people and a couple of black men who are some of the “good ones.”

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Ha, I was going to post the link to this article earlier. I couldn't tell if it was satire, then I saw it was from 'The Root'.

I didn't get that at all. Those are some horrible points that don't even make sense in the least.

Can you imagine if a white person wrote about black people like this author did?!?

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Watched it last night. Not a fan of the ending and left wondering what "it" was or where it came from or what happened to everyone after the left the final place.

But as a parent, it made me want to cuddle up to my kids and love them. I about had a heart attack when the boat flipped over.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info