Bill Gates, the 1986 Grand Prix

C-450

Apr 7, 2014
Shoals, IN
Last edited:

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Yea I was looking at it last night trying to figure out what to do with it. I thought about plugging it off but wasn't sure if the cap would allow it to vent. What do you think?

Would have to see the cap, is it factory? I doubt it's a vent design in the 80's seeing as it points to the back of the car. My 60's cap vents and also fills behind the plate, but thats the 60's lol. I'd run the vent hose up the filler neck, but you most definitely need a vent for relief.

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
4f72dd02efa999a4956146025d6f0943.jpg

Here's what my cap looks like, you can see the vents. I'm swapping a fi ls this winter and will still run the vent off the in tank pump.

4f72dd02efa999a4956146025d6f0943.jpg

Here's what my cap looks like, you can see the vents. I'm swapping a fi ls this winter and will still run the vent off the in tank pump.

Yea I don't have a cap like that. I can't say that mine is vented at all but it does have the filler behind the plate. I'll do what you said and run the hose next to the filler neck. I have noticed that it's causing my garage to smell like gas all the time now.

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
Yea I don't have a cap like that. I can't say that mine is vented at all but it does have the filler behind the plate. I'll do what you said and run the hose next to the filler neck. I have noticed that it's causing my garage to smell like gas all the time now.

Good, it's working. Easy fix is to run a charcoal canister in the vent line. Your car came with one from the factory if you still have it. Should be on the frame, front passenger side in the engine compartment.

Good, it's working. Easy fix is to run a charcoal canister in the vent line. Your car came with one from the factory if you still have it. Should be on the frame, front passenger side in the engine compartment.

The charcoal canister was installed in the left front side of a dumpster a few weeks ago. I'll have to do something different on that.

C-450

Apr 7, 2014
Shoals, IN
:rofl: Why is the turbo mounted up so high when there's so much room in that engine bay...:iorofl:

There was actually a good excuse for that. I was using left over pipe I had laying around. I had the turbo mounted lower but it wasn't going to clear the hood. So I said screw it. The good news is that I can lower it later on. The v band below the turbo makes it all interchangeable but the turbo isn't staying on long so I'll just have to buy more pipe later to mount one lower.

Thread Info