🚘 Automotive Big Pimpin' Conversion Van finds on clist/fb/ebay

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Are you all van'd out with the new Lincoln being in the stable, or is this something you would own again if the right combo came across at a good price?

there's one that drives around here that's how i would want mine, you can barely tell it's a conversion at all. it doesn't have the ground effects- it has the fender vent, the side black things, and an explorer logo.

it's super dark blue and jus looks like a normal passenger van :nutz:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Are you all van'd out with the new Lincoln being in the stable, or is this something you would own again if the right combo came across at a good price?

i do wanna keep talking about vans now though.

i really think i'd want to get a price from sportsmobile to build one similar to a 9 passenger explorer van... but with a toilet/sink/microwave so i could license it as an RV.

somethin like this layout, or even more forward facing seats

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
i do wanna keep talking about vans now though.

i really think i'd want to get a price from sportsmobile to build one similar to a 9 passenger explorer van... but with a toilet/sink/microwave so i could license it as an RV.

somethin like this layout, or even more forward facing seats

Okay, Im dumb, so explain the advantage to be able to register it as an RV ???

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

there's one that drives around here that's how i would want mine, you can barely tell it's a conversion at all. it doesn't have the ground effects- it has the fender vent, the side black things, and an explorer logo.

it's super dark blue and jus looks like a normal passenger van :nutz:

i found a pic i took of it last year. looks like a shore power connection there too...

1665407641394.png

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
holy hell

View attachment 137680

View attachment 137681

View attachment 137682
I've actually seen a few of these at the dealer when taking mine in for service. Not exactly like that one but similar and they are bad ass

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
they're in a vehicle they weren't designed to be in.

it doesn't need 4x4 at all.
I wouldn't think it'd need 4x4. So if you never actually use it, still an issue? Or still added complexity due to the t-case? I know nothing about these Explorer vans except I've been in one once, and it was like driving on a cloud.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
im not sure i knew astro vans were different lengths :rofl:
They stopped after the 94 year and all the rest were extended length. I always liked the shorties better, about a 200lb weight difference.

Not really a conversion van but pimp.

View attachment 138671
Surprised those haven't all seen the crusher yet. They were the odd man out compared to M-Vans. I'd think that stick a rare beast as well, the Astros certainly were.

Thread Info