Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ok boys and girls. This is a big one. Hit a snag with it earlier but the dev was insanely quick to fix the issues. IF you run into any problems at all, please report them in detail IMMEDIATELY.

You now have the ability to ignore either entire forums or threads. Once ignored, these will not show up ANYWHERE on the site for you, including the What's New tab. You will also stop receiving notifications for the content (I believe).

Here are the steps for ignoring content (this applies to both forums and threads). In a follow up post I will show you how to restore ignored content.

Step 1. Find the thread you want to ignore, we'll use the Trump thread for this example ;)

1582764194419.png

Step 2. Click the Ignore Thread button seen at the bottom right of this above image. Cliff, sorry that you got dragged into this example lol. From this pop-up, you can then ignore the thread, as well as ignore the thread starter.

1582764382893.png

Step 3. Once you hit Ignore thread, the thread vanishes from existence. Never to bother you again.

1582764489043.png

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
To return ignored content to their regular function, you simple click on your profile pic at the top right, click on "Ignoring"

1582764584616.png

And then choose the tab where the ignored content would be, in this case "Threads" and then just hit the trash can on the far right. And boom, the content returns.

1582764634661.png

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I certainly dont think it will get any worse. A lot of people have wanted something like this for some time. Now they have the chance to make the site their own. Don't ever care about politics? Get rid of them. Want to hide NWS threads during the day and turn it back on at night? Do it.

This allows for folks to read the content THEY want rather than have crap slammed into their eyes 24 hours a day.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I use my laptop rather than my phone and I don't get notifications. I can see it could get annoying on a phone because threads like the Trump thread are popular and get a lot of posts. Maybe this works out well for everyone.
You don't get popups on the phone unless you use Tapatalk and set it up that way

Reactions: Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm not looking to belittle him. I'm just trying to understand what he means.

The purpose of this add-on is to completely erase any trace of the thread so they wont see it when they hit new posts, for example.

A LOT of folks are tired of politics, so this allows them to put those threads on ignore, allowing the site to ONLY deliver content they want. Its basically like creating your own RSS feed or something similar.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
How do the notifications work? I never get any. Maybe I turned them off? Or is it just on the app?

EDIT: Never mind. I see the new previous posts. Didn't get notified about them while I was typing. ?

.....you get notifications at the top right of the site. The little bell with numbers next to it. Its how you know you get tagged, quoted, etc. It has nothing to do with this add-on.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
It was a joke, not meant for Flyn Flyn for feel belittled :rofl: he seems to have thick skin and can handle the bad stab joke.

But anyways if we are being truthful, with html5 being used to build "apps", I could see the confusion between windows and Android when it comes to the way apps used to work on phones.

Nowadays HTML5 is universal and adapts natively between devices while also allowing interactive experiences all within the browser so its seamless between devices. Apps for Android/iPhone are not full blown apps like they used to be and would differ from desktop/laptop environments... If we really wanna get technical :rofl:

I'm sure we could even implement popups on the forum with an add-on for mobile.

Reactions: ragingclue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info