Better pix to come, but for now...'99 GTP

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
Thanks to K J, I managed to fix that hood he had on here for $125. Here it is on the car:

BEFORE (and with 100 pounds of dirt, grime and sap on the car)

utf-8BTXkgQ2FyIFByb2plY3RvcnMgKERpc.jpg

10-16-08Front.jpg

AFTER:

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDYtMjAxMDA2MDItMTUzN.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDgtMjAxMDA2MDItMTUzO.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDktMjAxMDA2MDItMTU0M.jpg

Oh snap, thats you. sweet hood. Saw it clubgp.

x2 didnt realize that was you either. Car looks damn good. I have a question though. I was reading the discussion about the "GPO Style" grilles. how much would you charge for a set of those cause I don't think that 100 bucks is worth it for the shitty ones that don't even fit right. Yours seem to fit way better and look better too.

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
Oh snap, thats you. sweet hood. Saw it clubgp.

Double SNAP....yep...that's me.

Looks good, what was wrong with it?

The hood has a crack in it right in front. There wasn't a hood latch on it when I got it from K J, and the one I made was a little short. when we put it in, and closed the hood, it cracked. The hood is going back to get fixed right.

it was fucked. corners broked off. spider cracks and shit. it was worked

nicely done doc

Thank's K J. Seriously. There were little bubbles in the Gel-coat, one corner was cracked, but still attached, where the other side was gone (1/2 the size of a credit card). Not to mention enough pine needles in the dang thing to cover a tree.

Still, it all got straightened out and fresh paint.

As far as the GPO Grilles, there is a guy names Matt in South Dakota who made the ones that the W-Body Store sells. NOTHING against the W-Body store at all...I've been 100% happy with all of the stuff I've gotten from them throughout the years...but the guy named MATT in South Dakota is a total @#$%! He basically threw away his plastic injection mold for the GPO Grilles.

Around the time he conceptualized those things, I started making a set for me out of fiberglass. I went to Ed Morad and got just the nose of a GT front bumper and used that for a mold for my Grilles. A few weeks later, I finished & installed them. He started selling his online with WBS. I don't know how long it was, but he sold some and his idea went CA-PUT!

I then posted pictures of what I did and told people how to make their own, instead of waiting...LITERALLY...6+ months for his. Matt then threatened me with a lawsuit, saying I was taking away his business, that mine were a rip off of his, etc. He even said he was going to send a letter to the guy who runs :s00ls: DEE-Dee-DEE CLAPgp :s00ls:, to get me ousted from the forum.

To me, if you are going to take the time to make an incection mold, throw it away after a few runs and then get pissed when someone else comes along and show people how to make their own, then YOU'RE the IDIOT. I mean, how big can this friggin' mold possible be? I have $#!T in my closet-right next to my shoes-that's probably bigger. I'm pretty sure mine is bigger :smile:

Anyway, that was a while ago and the GPO Grilles are still available through the W-Body store. I started making a set for someone on here roughly 18 months ago and never heard back from him. Those are close to being finished and sitting in my tool chest. I was going to finish them and use a different mesh of grille behind them

I have to say though...these were a real PITA to get in...BUT...they are SOLID Fiberglass. The other ones I tried making used some foam as a filler to make it go faster.

Thread Info