đź“° Auto News Better get your chrome plating done soon

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I used CMP in Villa Park 7-8 years ago, not sure if they are still around.
Is that the guy up on the 2nd floor off North Ave?
If so he sucks now a days, and he farms out the bigger shit to a guy on the South Side.
If you truly want something done right, your going to pay out your ass and nowhere local is that good. (meaning real chrome)
Guy in Iowa does bumpers for like $1800 each if they are in okay to good shape, if bad shape then a lot more. All the lowrider guys that want great work, send their shit to California. I had my bumpers re-chromed by the guy on the south side, I would call them very good drivers quality but nowhere near show quality.

Reactions: Jon01

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
If so he sucks now a days, and he farms out the bigger shit to a guy on the South Side.
If you truly want something done right, your going to pay out your ass and nowhere local is that good. (meaning real chrome)
Guy in Iowa does bumpers for like $1800 each if they are in okay to good shape, if bad shape then a lot more. All the lowrider guys that want great work, send their shit to California. I had my bumpers re-chromed by the guy on the south side, I would call them very good drivers quality but nowhere near show quality.
Yeah.

Good to know there is a guy on the s'side still in the biz.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Show quality shit see my recommendation for local.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
IMG_3554.png

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Still will be able to get chrome, it just won’t be the traditional way, it will have to come via PVD which is a high-shine powder-coat that looks very similar to chrome.

When I worked for Infiniti the manufacturer was against OE chrome wheels on new cars, so we found a using PVD worked out well for everyone.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
The guy in Streamwood? If so he sold out to Indians and they try to stay away from car shit.
I asked my uncle, TWR service corp. They're a few blocks from speed Inc. For some reason I thought they did more outside walk in stuff but I think it’s mostly big runs. Either way they could de chrome and chrome shit. Had a bunch of bike parts done as a kid :rofl:

Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info