AMC Better Call Saul

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Loved that it was back! I feel like Lalo Salamanca still didn't believe Gus' explanation, even after viewing all the construction of "the chicken chiller", as he made it a point to mention how spectacular the "south wall" would look once it was completed. Lalo is equal parts intuitive and crazy, which makes him a vastly entertaining character.

At the end, Kim seems distraught about using Jimmy's tactics, despite perhaps doing what was in the best interest of her client. I'm envisioning her inner turmoil about her and Jimmy doing things "Saul's way" will be the cause of the eventual expected fallout between them.

I really want to know more about what's going on in Nebraska/Cinnabon and hope that at least a full episode gets devoted to that mess as Jimmy deals with getting identified by the taxi driver. But we'll probably just be treated to a 5 minute segment here and there as has been the protocol throughout the series.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I don't get how do many folks say Saul is a better show than BB. Jimmy / Saul, while well written and acted on, isn't that interesting. I find the show far more engrossing when you watch everyone around him get destroyed... Kim is next.

Mike and Gus and the drugs are what keep me going.

Reactions: Marko and Aircal

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I don't get how do many folks say Saul is a better show than BB. Jimmy / Saul, while well written and acted on, isn't that interesting. I find the show far more engrossing when you watch everyone around him get destroyed... Kim is next.

Mike and Gus and the drugs are what keep me going.
I don't know that it's better, but I find it more entertaining for the parts that make me laugh about how outrageous, scheming, and devious Jimmy/Saul can be at times. I enjoy that he's essentially a con-artist at heart, and happens to be an attorney too, and those 2 worlds are coming together for him. For me, I like the Jimmy/Saul storyline as well as the other Breaking Bad tie ins with Gus, Nacho, Mike, Salamancas...

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I think what he had to do to Ze German is clearly weighing on him right now. the way his granddaughter talked about how the "bad guys" got her dad (his son) hit a bit close to home I think. It is odd to see Mike react this way, but this isnt the BB Mike that has no issues "fixing" things.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Me watching the episode.

giphy.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Another quiet Monday in this thread. I legit don't get how anyone can say this is better than BB - though to be fair I havent rewatched BB since its original airing so maybe I'm holding it to a much higher standard based on nostalgia.

The acting in this is all great, zero gripe with that but its just so boring (majority of the time).

I really would have preferred a prequel that completely focused on the drug stuff - I find those characters far more interesting. Maybe I'm asking too much.

The ending was pretty good though :rofl: And fuck we need more Mike.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I rewatched BB with my wife over the past 6 months so that she could start watching Saul. Still found BB to be fantastic, despite knowing what was going to happen. It was a lot of fun watching it with someone who was asking questions and couldn't predict what was going to happen. Sometimes she was right, often wrong. :D

I haven't looked to see who is saying Saul is "better" than BB. I just enjoy the backstory of all the characters and seeing how everything unfolds to get them to the BB point.

If you have expectations of Saul being better than BB, then perhaps you are setting yourself up to be disappointed with BB being one of the best series of all time.

Reactions: Aircal
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info