Best way to remove a driver side valve cover?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
Im almost done taking everything apart, I just need to pull off the driver side valve cover, and I know these are a pain in the ass, what is the best approach to this. Is taking out the hydrobooster the best option? How hard is it to put back together? Never took one apart so I dont know.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
You dont need to take the hydroboost off. Just remove the drivers side motor mount and jack up that side of the engine.. Believe it or not you'll 'roll' the valve cover out. Takes some time but you'll get it

The Blondie

1MeanGt's Chick!!!
Reaction score
You need a Mike... Mike is highly capable of doing almost anything. He'll just grab some magic craftsman metal tool from the red dresser in the garage and make everything better!!!

ps: I will loan him to you for a nominal fee....

OP
FuelSlut

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
You dont need to take the hydroboost off. Just remove the drivers side motor mount and jack up that side of the engine.. Believe it or not you'll 'roll' the valve cover out. Takes some time but you'll get it
Ok even better. Do I need to disconnect anything else? Trans cross member to give it some extra play or the motormount is good? And how is it getting the new one back on, I dont wanna cut up the gasket on the sharp edges on the head? Thanks Kevin.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
No you can leave everything else on. You might need to take a couple little things off when your in there. The new valve cover will go on easier then the old. Check the gasket to make sure you didn't cut it before you lock her down. Don't sweat it, when you get done you'll say oh that's easy

Kelly I'll take mike and the red dresser any day!

OP
FuelSlut

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
No you can leave everything else on. You might need to take a couple little things off when your in there. The new valve cover will go on easier then the old. Check the gasket to make sure you didn't cut it before you lock her down. Don't sweat it, when you get done you'll say oh that's easy

Kelly I'll take mike and the red dresser any day!
Thanks man I do appreciate the help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom