• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Best way to remove a driver side valve cover?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
You dont need to take the hydroboost off. Just remove the drivers side motor mount and jack up that side of the engine.. Believe it or not you'll 'roll' the valve cover out. Takes some time but you'll get it

Ok even better. Do I need to disconnect anything else? Trans cross member to give it some extra play or the motormount is good? And how is it getting the new one back on, I dont wanna cut up the gasket on the sharp edges on the head? Thanks Kevin.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
No you can leave everything else on. You might need to take a couple little things off when your in there. The new valve cover will go on easier then the old. Check the gasket to make sure you didn't cut it before you lock her down. Don't sweat it, when you get done you'll say oh that's easy

Kelly I'll take mike and the red dresser any day!

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
No you can leave everything else on. You might need to take a couple little things off when your in there. The new valve cover will go on easier then the old. Check the gasket to make sure you didn't cut it before you lock her down. Don't sweat it, when you get done you'll say oh that's easy

Kelly I'll take mike and the red dresser any day!

Thanks man I do appreciate the help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• FuelSlut
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list