Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
What do I have to do to get the mook treatment here?

I went once back when it first opened and it wasnt great.
When they first opened, like the first month, they went through ALOT of growing pains. Training staff properly (and getting fucked by said staff), supply issues, equipment issues. That is 100% not the case anymore and hasn't been for a long time.

They've got a great crew there now.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
When they first opened, like the first month, they went through ALOT of growing pains. Training staff properly (and getting fucked by said staff), supply issues, equipment issues. That is 100% not the case anymore and hasn't been for a long time.

They've got a great crew there now.
The time I actually ate there was the second time. The first time we didnt even go in as he said he didnt have/ couldnt get fresh fish that day.

So your advice is just go again and it will be amazing... I guess I will try it.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The time I actually ate there was the second time. The first time we didnt even go in as he said he didnt have/ couldnt get fresh fish that day.

So your advice is just go again and it will be amazing... I guess I will try it.
I mean they have over 300 positive reviews. I go there almost once a week and up until last year, was going twice a week.

Don't judge a place based on their first month.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I mean they have over 300 positive reviews. I go there almost once a week and up until last year, was going twice a week.

Don't judge a place based on their first month.
One thing I always tend to do with new places is try them a minimum of 2-3 times. There's always kinks to work out at the beginning. Then I'll try again roughly 6 months down the road then if I still haven't decided if it's good or not, then I'll try again several months later to a year unless I feel the need to go back sooner.

New businesses will tend to always have kinks in it when they first open. Gotta give another try later on to see if they progressed.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Mook is right about this place. It's right on par with any of the sushi hot spots I've been to in the city, if not even better. Some of the absolute freshest tasting sushi I've ever had. The Super Tuna was awesome and I also liked the Up in Smoke roll. Kris made a Hamachi Toro hand roll to finish the evening and that was amazing.

My gf isn't much of a sushi person, but she even liked the one shrimp tempura roll that she tried. She had the Katsu chicken entree and really liked it.

Great spot for Japanese food and will definitely go out of my way to go there again. Was well worth the drive from Lombard.

I didn't take a lot of pictures because I was busy eating sushi ?

MVIMG_20230524_003140856.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Mook is right about this place. It's right on par with any of the sushi hot spots I've been to in the city, if not even better. Some of the absolute freshest tasting sushi I've ever had. The Super Tuna was awesome and I also liked the Up in Smoke roll.

My gf isn't much of a sushi person, but she even liked the one shrimp tempura roll that she tried. She had the Katsu chicken entree and really liked it.

Great spot for Japanese food and will definitely go out of my way to go there again. Was well worth the drive from Lombard.
So happy to hear that! Where are the pics? ?

Reactions: LikeABauce302
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info