Best places to apply for a refi?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

plug your shit in here... im betting most likely worth it though.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
DEEZUZ DEEZUZ as much as I fear saying this because I think you'll follow my instructions for a cash-out refi then blow the money on vacations and fast food, you should probably do a refi and also take out some extra cash to pay off the CC debt you're always complaining about. Don't use it to pay off/down ANYTHING else. Not your car loan, not any student loans, not your fancy lawn mower, nothing else. If your house is worth 170k you can refi for up to 136k without paying PMI. If you currently owe 125k, you can prob take out ~9k cash after closing costs.

Never in history have we been able to borrow against our houses for ~2%. It's a great time to pay off high interest debt.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
DEEZUZ DEEZUZ as much as I fear saying this because I think you'll follow my instructions for a cash-out refi then blow the money on vacations and fast food, you should probably do a refi and also take out some extra cash to pay off the CC debt you're always complaining about. Don't use it to pay off/down ANYTHING else. Not your car loan, not any student loans, not your fancy lawn mower, nothing else. If your house is worth 170k you can refi for up to 136k without paying PMI. If you currently owe 125k, you can prob take out ~9k cash after closing costs.

Never in history have we been able to borrow against our houses for ~2%. It's a great time to pay off high interest debt.
giphy.gif

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI

Keep in mind nrevr ever has one of my CC's ever had more than 0% interest but I like your idea... Wipe out all frivolous debt(my 2 CC's that total ~$6500)

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Going from 30 year 7/1 3.125 ARM - 3 years into it (want the security of fixed rate) to a 20 year 3.25 fixed
Lender credit - $1500 covers almost all of their fees.
My cost - $1000 approx. for title services
Rolled over the rest into the loan (prepaid interest, escrow and taxes)

unless rates have gone up a lot recently, this does not sound like a good deal. I’d shop around.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Sooo 1600 cash back and they have my appraisal at 400 but they said the appraisal gets waived at the end. They don't want to under shoot it so they just estimate it out high. If it's over 2k then they just adjust the loan amount.
It doesn’t really matter in the end as it all evens out. Either your loan is lower or you have some extra cash.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Sooo 1600 cash back and they have my appraisal at 400 but they said the appraisal gets waived at the end. They don't want to under shoot it so they just estimate it out high. If it's over 2k then they just adjust the loan amount.

Do they come out to your house and have an inspector come through? I thought I recall you doing a lot of work around the house. The only reason I haven't started to look into refi is because I have a few unfinished projects going on and I wanted to complete them first.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info