Best places to apply for a refi?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Are you currently paying PMI? How long have you been paying on the loan? You might not even need an appraisal

I originally got a 30 year loan and have been paying it for 12 years now....

I owe about 80k less than comps in the area, dont want any money taken out, just want a lower rate and a 15 year mortgage.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I probably should read through this thread for some knowledge on this. Just got off the phone with our current lender and all the numbers were fucking gibberish to me so I’ll have to review the documents they sent over.

Currently at 4.125 I think and they’ll be able to get us down to 3.25, anything lower they said there would be a penalty that would heavily offset any savings. Monthly payment would be ~$120 less. We are almost 2 years in on a 30 year mortgage.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I probably should read through this thread for some knowledge on this. Just got off the phone with our current lender and all the numbers were fucking gibberish to me so I’ll have to review the documents they sent over.

Currently at 4.125 I think and they’ll be able to get us down to 3.25, anything lower they said there would be a penalty that would heavily offset any savings. Monthly payment would be ~$120 less. We are almost 2 years in on a 30 year mortgage.

U should ask for a 15 or 20 year and the rate is less. I always recommend less years so your house can be paid for faster and less juice

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
U should ask for a 15 or 20 year and the rate is less. I always recommend less years so your house can be paid for faster and less juice

I agree. I went with a 20 instead of a 15 so that I can pay what I would pay for a 15 each month, but have the ability to pay less(the actual payment) if need be. Gives a little wiggle if needed

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine

Anything lower and you are paying "points" which equal 1 percent of your loan value to lower the rate by a certain amount.

I just finished refinancing with these guys and worked with James who got me through the whole process super quick. https://www.properrate.com/loan-officer/drew

Reactions: RedBeard
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info