Best place to buy brake parts...

Alacran

GM fanatic
Reaction score
...for the beater. Need Caliper, pads, and rotors. The only place i am willing to spend more will be for ceramic pads unless it is not recommended.

The car is 95 Cougar with the V8 and drums in the back. Need front brakes.

TIA

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
You looking for cheapest? If there isn't a crazy core charge, RockAuto normally has best prices.

CrawlinTBSS

Detailer
Reaction score
AAP usually always has most car brake parts in stock.

Ive never had any issues with thier stuff and been using em along time for customer cars.

golds and ceramics are good, with warranties.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
ebay :dunno: lots of cheap brake parts on there.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
I really dont understand why people cheap out on the most important thing on a car. Get mid grade stuff from Napa or Advance.

LSx S10

Reaction score
I really dont understand why people cheap out on the most important thing on a car. Get mid grade stuff from Napa or Advance.
How could they sell it if it doesn't work, or isn't up to manufacturer specs? I have always bought the cheapest stuff from vatozone and have yet to have a brake failure or any other kind of issue for that matter.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Most cheap pads are not up to the factory spec. Theyre made with the minimum spec allowed for the whole industry.

You'll know when one set of pads for this cougar cost the same for a civic and as a camry. Yet the more expensive ones vary in price.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Also had you tried better pads than the vatozone stuff? How could you know theyre just fine?

Not trying to hate but Ive had plenty of first hand expierience with cheap vs good. And IMO spending the money is worth having good brakes.

When I did the brakes on the Lumina I spent almost 500 dollars on all new pads, rotors, and calipers. The thing stops better than alot of vehicles despite having realatively small brakes for the size of the car.

Slow Buick

eat ass drive fast
Reaction score
OP has proven in many threads that he does not like spending money, and goes as cheap as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if he bought all his mods on his GTP second hand to save money. :rollpicard:

x2 on brakes being worth the money.

SuperDaveGSE

Hole Enlarger
Reaction score
Cant go wrong with VatoZones warranty on the Cmax pads and they're 2 yr rotors. I used to change my pads n rotors when ever I changed my oil. They dont care, I dont care! :dunno:

LSx S10

Reaction score
Of course I've tried better pads, I'll install whatever the owner of the vehicle wants me to put in. But why buy all high end brake parts for say a 95 s10, 95 cougar... or a lumina when the cheap stuff does the same thing for a 1/3 of the cost? Just doesn't make sense if all you use the car for is a dd.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Of course I've tried better pads, I'll install whatever the owner of the vehicle wants me to put in. But why buy all high end brake parts for say a 95 s10, 95 cougar... or a lumina when the cheap stuff does the same thing for a 1/3 of the cost? Just doesn't make sense if all you use the car for is a dd.
Cheap pads dont perform as well as good pads. Also I have Lifetime warranty on everything. I dont give a shit about them and beat them to hell autoXing and just every day driving. And I can lock up all four wheels with no problem

LSx S10

Reaction score
Cheap pads dont perform as well as good pads. Also I have Lifetime warranty on everything. I dont give a shit about them and beat them to hell autoXing and just every day driving. And I can lock up all four wheels with no problem
Well if your autoXing your car than its worth it to have a better pad. Just saying there is nothing wrong with saving some money and buying cheap pads for a commuter. Most of them come with a lifetime warranty as well.

PANDA

Reaction score
After spending big money for on a Baer/Hawk setup for the Z06. I went the cheap route on the TA and bought rotors and pads all around for $160.

BRAKEMOTIVE Drilled & Slotted Brake Kits - LOWEST PRICES EVER! - LS1TECH

Alot of positive reviews on LS1tech and eBay. I figure even if they only last a year I will be still ahead. Budget race car.

I have NAPA Adaptive One Ceramic Pads and NAPA Ultra Premium Rotors on the GTP. That setup is around $400 retail.

OP
Alacran

Alacran

GM fanatic
Reaction score
Rockauto has great prices but the shipping is cost is too high because they have to ship from two or three different locations. Maybe i will call them.

Ebay has a set of ceramic pads i like, no rotors though.

I am getting tired of searching.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Reaction score
+2 on brakemotive parts. i've used em on all my fbodies. they lasted/last roughly 20k miles....20k very rough miles.

rocco

Reaction score
Rockauto has great prices but the shipping is cost is too high because they have to ship from two or three different locations. Maybe i will call them.

Ebay has a set of ceramic pads i like, no rotors though.

I am getting tired of searching.

Did you not follow my original link?? Its $97 for 2 front rotors and ceramic pads with free shipping.. You won't find much cheaper than that. And like I said, they are in the Chicago area. I got a couple warped rotors one time and they sent out another set free of charge and didn't even want the first set back.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
R1 concepts on ebay, or their own site, I have had my set of their rotors and pads on my car for 42,000 miles, and probably have 5k - 10k left on the pads, and rotors look good enough to just throw on more pads (I will replace them anyway though)

And GP's usually eat rotors/pads

PANDA

Reaction score
I had autozone duralast rotors and hawk pads on the GTP before the NAPA setup and the rotors were fucked in like 6 months.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom