Best OBD2 Scanning Tool?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
You mean to tell me you don't look at nude chicks on your phone?!?!

No, I do that on a 20 something inch screen on a PC.

His is off "99% of the time"

Or maybe just on silent...that is "off" for some people :rofl:

No, it's off.

As for convenience, all I do is work and sleep, and I don't need apps to help me with either of those tasks.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
When was the last time it had a tune up?

I'd start with plugs, fuel filter (if applicable), clean MAF and air filter.

The friend we bought it from did a decent job keeping up with maintenance. I think plugs/wires are overdue. I already changed the air filter. Might do the fuel filter next and put in the front 3 plugs and wires. Don't feel like taking a day to do the back 3 yet. I can clean the MAF, too. I just hate exchanging parts trying to find a problem. That gets frustrating. It's probably some damn sensor somewhere.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
One dirty plug or plug out of gap could cause that little misfire.

You coming over to help me take the manifold off? LOL!

I researched the steps and it's a full day job for a driveway mechanic. In the Florida heat.

I'm heading up to Siesta Key for a couple days so I'll get back to it once I have some fun and alcohol with some Chicago friends.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
You coming over to help me take the manifold off? LOL!

I researched the steps and it's a full day job for a driveway mechanic. In the Florida heat.

I'm heading up to Siesta Key for a couple days so I'll get back to it once I have some fun and alcohol with some Chicago friends.
I'm sure there is some trick to make it easier

And I might be in Florida in July! Pay for family day Disney tickets and you got a deal!

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
You guys know if any of the many dheaper OBD2 readers have misfire counters?

I see that the BASX does a lot for $23 and I'll get that if I don't find anything better but, as mentioned, I need something to find the reason for my wife's car's misfire.

I was just going to put spark plugs and wires in but I have to take off the damn intake to do it. I'm dumping some fuel injector cleaner in next time I fill it.

your best bet (besides spending $$ buying one that will do OE level diagnostics) is to try to find one that will display mode $06. within mode 6 there's a misfire monitor that will list each cylinder and how many times it recorded a misfire.

i have this one that i use as a quick reader (for when i don't need to pull out my maxisys). it's feature packed for the price and lists mode 6 support. i haven't used that feature on it, so im not sure how well it works.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0714GBRZK/?tag=tcg21-20

most of the autel maxidiag line list mode 6 diagnostic support. so there are cheaper options. something like this is going to be way more useful in the future than a $20 blutooth app, so long as you know what to do with the information given.

otherwise doing spark plugs/wires is a start. i assume it's a v6. they're a cunt to do. especially getting to the intake support bracket bolts between the firewall and intake.

CHI2000GTP

Grand Prix Junkie
TCG Premium
Dec 1, 2017
Chicago, IL
Blue Driver. $100. Shows about everything except KR.... which is really odd. But anyway, I use it. Works great. You download an app to your phone. The app part is actually great cuz it allows you to constantly update the software and reader. As they figure out and allow more parameters to be viewed, and issue updates, you're right there with them, with the most up-to-date info. It never ages.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I was just going to post that link from the OP. Like you say, the Bluedriver does have Mode 6. Plus its own, free, app.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00652G4TS/?tag=tcg21-20

Do you know if they have any support going for the older Hyundai's yet? As far as the other codes like ABS, I mean. Doesn't look like it on Amazon.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
It's looking like I will buy the BlueDriver. Best bang for the bucks at $100 on Amazon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Xz7-T9wAs

Their website is good. I punched in my info and the BlueDriver will work for both my cars. The site also tells me what features are available for my cars which is really cool. (Under the "Support" tab)

https://www.bluedriver.com/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info