• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Best LS tuner in illinois

modern-muscle

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
NO, because you said you cant tune my car ;)

lol have you found someone yet?! Have you looked into the Ford SCT multi program switch chip. They say its for all fords from 1987 to 2005. I can call and ask on tuesday when we get back in.

Soooo no pics of the orange car I spoke of, modern?

No he comes around every once in a while. His name is Cory, and yea that car is pretty sweet!

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
I've gone through modern muscle I cannot say enough good things. They cammed my bros gto and they did an outstanding job. The tune keeps the car purring perfectly. They paid attention to every detail and fulfilled every request. Aside from the work they perform they are very nice people. The showed us around the spotless shop. Btw if u go there ask them to show you the big ass supercharger. Its HUGE. Hehe

asainchris

loves cigs
Feb 10, 2009
Geneva
Said shop being us? Even if its not us you have to be joking with the 9whp... thats the difference in the humidity and temp that day, shit thats the difference in the type of dyno that it is, its the difference to how hot the car was and on what pass you got the reading on!

ah nope, never even herd of your shop until i saw your name on this site. sooooooooooooooo MY BAD! What ever i wrote is now invalid!!!!!!!!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
BIG FLP fan over here. Used them for years, never had one issue, don't think I ever will. They're very professional, clean,organized and stay current with new equipment etc...That's who I use and plan to use when I do my turbo build.

Problem with FLP is their prices are absolutely outrageous, if/when they go out of business that will be why. They quoted my friend 5k more than speedinc for the same shit (cam/blower on a GTO), back when i was a noob they quoted me $1350+fluids to put a cam in my GTP. Not saying by any means they do bad work, cause i've seen their work, it's very nice, they just charge too much for people to really consider them. The consumer will always go with the cheaper price, unless they hear bad "things" or something similar. I'll bet more than a handful of people will admit they went elsewhere because they got a better deal. :hs: And Mitch is a cool guy, but if you're not buying anything worth his time (i.e. nitrous refill) he treats you like garbage, makes you wait, cries about the bottle not being cold enough, cries about how long it takes, and how many other things he could be doing instead, ect, etc, ect. :picard:

Bones

Don't call me late for dinner!!!
Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
Problem with FLP is their prices are absolutely outrageous, if/when they go out of business that will be why. They quoted my friend 5k more than speedinc for the same shit (cam/blower on a GTO), back when i was a noob they quoted me $1350+fluids to put a cam in my GTP. Not saying by any means they do bad work, cause i've seen their work, it's very nice, they just charge too much for people to really consider them. The consumer will always go with the cheaper price, unless they hear bad "things" or something similar. I'll bet more than a handful of people will admit they went elsewhere because they got a better deal. :hs: And Mitch is a cool guy, but if you're not buying anything worth his time (i.e. nitrous refill) he treats you like garbage, makes you wait, cries about the bottle not being cold enough, cries about how long it takes, and how many other things he could be doing instead, ect, etc, ect. :picard:

Well first off Mitch isn't there anymore. Mitch has been gone for months and I always got along great with him anyhow. Secondly you have to pay to play. FLP's prices are high because the quality of their work is higher imo. They'll spend more time on your car.

Idk what to tell ya. I live in Mt. Prospect and I drive all the way down to Naperville for their business. I wouldn't trust Speedinc or any other shop around to install a lid on my car much less a H/C package. I'll be using FLP for my tuning for my turbo build for sure.

And FLP will never go out of business because of their prices. They are more of an elegant shop, hence the reason they are doing work with Nickey and participating in all the shows. They cater to bigger builds, look at FLPs shop and then look at Speedinc. I'm not trying to put down speedinc although I'm sure that's exactly how it came out. I'm just saying, FLP is my shop and they have always been great to me. Everyone has "their" shop. I use Speedinc for parts, because they are always having deals and it's right in my backyard.

Last edited:

modern-muscle

Regular
Nov 18, 2008

was 1350 with parts and labor?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Yup, you can dig up dirt on anyone. With the volume of customers any of them see, there is bound to be at least a few with negative experiences. Not everyone will see eye to eye on who is to blame when parts break. A shop cant take every instance of a failure and eat the cost associated with fixing it or making the customer happy. You cant run a business and make money like that.

Krang

Snozberries
Jul 12, 2009
Threads like these really aren't an accurate gauge regarding who's a good tuner or who does a good job, it's more of a popularity contest. I can't speak for this forum, but on other forums I'm on there's an easy formula to winning online popularity contests, and that is to have the lowest rates.

Yup, you can dig up dirt on anyone. With the volume of customers any of them see, there is bound to be at least a few with negative experiences. Not everyone will see eye to eye on who is to blame when parts break. A shop cant take every instance of a failure and eat the cost associated with fixing it or making the customer happy. You cant run a business and make money like that.

Yep, everyone's got their ghosts/people that dislike them for one reason or another. People get tuned, then go and fuck with their cars, then wonder why they blew up. . Some are legitimately earned, but often it seems that poor planning and communications are huge factors in many issues.

We are in the after market business, things go wrong sometimes... It just happens, no one is perfect. The difference between shops is how they handle the mistake. I dont recall doing wrong by anyone, and if we did its because they never spoke up. Its impossible to make everyone happy!

The voice of experience. . Fuckups happen, aftermarket parts fail, distributors ship you the wrong crap. . QA on parts you're installing fails . . tons of stuff outside of your control can happen, and that's before you get into stuff that's inside your control. How you handle it and how you take care of customers is what will set you apart from the rest. I'm a moderator on another forum where we have a policy to follow regarding posting negative reviews as they always turn into shitstorms, and you'd be surprised at how often people would rather just write a flaming post over e-mailing/calling a vendor.

As far as shops and tuners go, I dealt with many of the local shops when I decided I didn't want to do the cam install myself late last year and it was a real eye opener. Some of the quotes were insulting, some were highly inaccurate, bordering on hilarious, and some I had to continuously prod to get a quote from. Good learning experienced I guess. . . . Hopefully I get my car back soon and I'll have some more feedback.

B

Bad00SS

ya, I dont get along with mitch. but he doesnt touch my car. everything is fine once i'm in back with my car with Dan on the laptop. i wouldnt let them install parts on my car or prolly wouldnt even buy any parts from them. but I go there for Dan to tune my car. not for mechanical work.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Im going to whore out 262 again. www.fastune.net He has been tuning my truck since before he started his business and has never left me unsatisfied. I went and saw him again today to get some work done on my tune. We spent some time dialing in my tune since I switched cold air intakes, and made sure everything was squared away with my nitrous setup (150 shot).

I will stand behind his work just as he would himself. Great guy, has gone way out of his way to help me out even in his personal time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info