Best entry level SUV?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I like the Subaru Forester turbo but she doesn't care about performance and probably won't spend the extra $$ for the turbo. That car would be fun for me with 250hp/250tq.

I found her a 1997 Buick Skylark with only 30K miles 8 years ago and she has driven that since then. Loves that car, "Skybaby", so any one of these would be so much more car than she is used to.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
I know you just mentioned it, but we loved our 16 Forester XT so much during a lease that we just ended up buying it outright last month because they dropped the turbo model now on the new ones. The redesigned ones look sharp however.

If she ends up getting one, turbo one or not, I was able to purchase a bumper to bumper extended warranty through subaru for 10 year/100k 0 deduct at basically cost, they have multiple choices and the guy has a huge thread one of the subaru forums, I can get you his info

Besides the Forester, I've heard great things about the newer redesigned CR-V, wifes good friend and he husband both have one they like them so much lol

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
giphy.gif

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
yeah but horseshit mpg compared to those two.

not to mention, i doubt his daughter cares about more power.

Good point about MPG. My commute is mostly highway. With full time awd I get between 20-21 MPG.

Everyone cares about more power whether they realize it or not lol.

I drove a new Nissan Rouge rental car for a few days last week. It was comfortable and handled nicely, but it was painfully slow with a CVT trans. The touch screen display was also useless during the day. Any sunlight made it difficult to see. Fuel economy was excellent though. I did around 700 miles of highway driving and averaged 29 mpg.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I drove a new Nissan Rouge rental car for a few days last week. It was comfortable and handled nicely, but it was painfully slow with a CVT trans. The touch screen display was also useless during the day. Any sunlight made it difficult to see. Fuel economy was excellent though. I did around 700 miles of highway driving and averaged 29 mpg.

I had one of these as a rental and spot on. I personally would not buy a vehicle with a CVT. They suck horrendously. They've slightly gotten better now that they "simulate" shifts like a normal auto, but I couldn't drive one.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I had one of these as a rental and spot on. I personally would not buy a vehicle with a CVT. They suck horrendously. They've slightly gotten better now that they "simulate" shifts like a normal auto, but I couldn't drive one.

i'd buy CVT vehicles in a heart beat with no fucks given.

shit. i own two currently.

one of which is the most fun vehicle ive ever driven.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info