Movie Best Car Movie?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Movies that I I’ve watched multiple times that are car related…
Love the beast

Dan Aykroyd Blues Brother GIF

Will Ferrell GIF
Blues brothers, how could I forget??

I change my answer

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
American Graffiti no doubt the GOAT.

The next best is, and I am 100 percent serious, Tokyo Drift.
Tokyo Drift deserves an honorable mention for sure. Of all of the F&F movies, it focuses the most on the cars and car scene. I think it has the best cars out of the whole series.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
poking around, some neat ronin trivia:

A total of 80 automobiles were destroyed during filming.

Skipp Sudduth requested to do his own stunt driving during the car chases, and John Frankenheimer agreed. Frankenheimer told Sudduth, "I don't wanna see any brake lights."

300 stunt drivers were employed to give the final chase scene the required amount of metal-crunching realism.

One of the stunt drivers was former Formula 1 driver Jean-Pierre Jarier.

In a 2008 readers poll conducted by "CAR Magazine", four cars featured in this movie merited ranking in the magazine's "Top 40 Coolest Movie Cars" issue: Audi S8 (9th), Citroën XM and Peugeot 605 (24th), and BMW 535i (29th). Other featured vehicles included Peugeot 406, Citroën Xantia, and a (rare) Mercedes-Benz 450SEL 6.9.

The brown Mercedes Benz used by Vincent and Sam is a rare, high performance 450 SEL 6.9 version of the W116 S-Class. The 6.9 badge refers to the car's engine size of 6.9litres and in the late 70's it was the fastest and one of the most expensive saloon cars money could buy. Only around 7000 were made over a 6 year production run.

I kept away from the "Car Chase" movies, since that wasn't what was asked. If we had gone down that road (har har har), I could have added a few more like Ronin, The French Connection, etc.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Project X 57’ has been a great build for the last 40 years, so many combos as the car industry has changed .
I think that version of the car was the most iconic. The car later got a 502ci, then an all aluminum ZL1 427, then a LS, big diameter wheels, then a blower on the LS. The car is nice. But that late 80's blown setup just was cool.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
worst marks would be with need for speed - so fucking cheesy. was made for 8 year olds.

Gone in 60 seconds remake, original is slow for me can't stand it.
need for speed!!! no one mentioned this one I'm surpriced, its a good movie.
and back to the future, always loved the car when i was a kid, well until I found out that it's a real bad car.
It was mentioned, and I agree that it's cheesy and made for kids, but still somewhat entertaining IMO

Reactions: NOMIEZVR4

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I missed it if someone mentioned before. However anyone who disagrees it's a good movie is because you are a hard core F&F series fan.

Also another car movie I like is Cars from Disney, only the first one, the other ones went balls like F&F.
iirc the opening was something like him tossing around a mustang on a road course and getting up to 250 mph? i have to add so many layers of ignorance to my brain to allow that, that i'd prefer to save brain cells for suspending disbelief for other things in movies like aliens popping in for a visit

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
Hollywood Knights - Blown 57 Chevy racing a 427“ Cobra on the main drag on a Saturday night. Does it get any better?

Honorable mention for a TV show, Tails from the Crypt "King of the Road". Injected 57 street racing Brad Pitt in the 69 Chevelle.
This reminded me, not really a car movie but the original Bad Boys, the race at the end with the Porsche and the Cobra. There are definitely some other cool cars scattered through out it as well.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
This reminded me, not really a car movie but the original Bad Boys, the race at the end with the Porsche and the Cobra. There are definitely some other cool cars scattered through out it as well.
Ya, that black 964 Turbo was sexy!

That was director Michael Bay's personal vehicle. He sold it for $60k a few years later to a buddy. The buddy sold it for $45K. Which was probably the market value of the car at the time. Those cars skyrocketed on their own. Then owned by Michael Bay, driven by Will Smith, and became one iconic movie car, it sold for $1.3 Million last year.

All the Bad Boys movies have done a car chase that was fun. With cool vehicles.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Im glad you put quotations on hero and Christine. :rofl: The movie gave me nightmares when I was a teenager. So I doubled down and read the book. Dear lord the changes. Book was dark AF.

I always do too, then I see this clip and I end up watching it again.

I own The Wraith remastered on Bluray. Quality is great. Here is the same shot as the thumbnail on the YT vid.

vlcsnap-2023-01-25-12h42m57s976.png

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info