• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Benchmade FTW

NetChemica1

SVT-wannaby
Reaction score
I sent my Benchmade 5000SBK out for service a week ago.

The stop pin springs broke allowing the blade to freely release unless the safety was on. I sent them an email saying that the springs snapped due to corrosion from salt water and they sent me a UPS slip with free shipping to and from their facility.

I got the knife back today with all the screws, pins, springs, washers, and bushings replaced and the blade is sharp as hell. :bowdown: They fixed everything on it, and even gave me a small bottle of corrosion inhibitor.

:wackit: I'm so happy I have it working again. I let it sit broken for about 3 months. :hs:

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Very nice. My sister bought a spring assisted SOG, and I have been wanting to buy a new knife. Ill be looking at bench made.

NetChemica1

SVT-wannaby
Reaction score
Very nice. My sister bought a spring assisted SOG, and I have been wanting to buy a new knife. Ill be looking at bench made.
I got stuck one day on my Explorer where my hitch was pushing up against frozen soil. I was stabbing away at the ice/mud as hard as I can and I slammed the tip against my trailer hitch at least half a dozen times. I dulled the tip but the blade is still in one piece. I've beat the living shit out of this knife. I'm a benchmade customer for life. :bowdown:

Stink Star Productions

You never had it so good!
Reaction score
I'm a huge huge fan of the axis lock system. Being able to close the blade with only one hand is a huge plus! I beat the hell out of my benchmade at work and am looking for a nice thin one for daily carry

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Reaction score
I was just searchiong for a good knife. I think I am going to give Benchmade a try

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Reaction score
I've only ever rocked Gerber and KA-BAR before as far as name brands go, but I think I may give these guys a whirl. That is fucking amazing customer service if you ask me!

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Reaction score
Although Expensive, totally worth it......Hands down the best knife ive ever owned and probably out on the market

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Benchmade will probably be my next step.

Went with Spyderco as I heard great things about their products and customer service. Bought a Matriarch 2 less than a year ago, dropped it on rubber matter, tip broke clean off. Contacted them and they said I'd have to spend $25.00 for a "repair" and sharpening and cover the $5.00 shipping fee. They would just grind off the tip and sharpen it, so, it would not be the same. Not to mention they said this takes 2-3 weeks, sometimes longer.

Wasn't too happy about dropping over $100 on a knife that barely handled any abuse vs. my $40 SOG Flash II that has handled everything I've thrown at it and is still sharp with no damage to the blade or serrations.

Outlaw

Reaction score
I love mine, though I don't carry it often. Still rocking my Kershaw Ken Onion form 2003. A benchmade for EDC is in my future though.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Reaction score
Been EDC'ing this Buck since 2012. Even bought a backup just in case anything ever happens to it. Heat-Treated S30V, fairly light & very comfortable in-hand. NOTE: Mine is NOT serrated. Hate serrated blades.

Vantage Force - Pro Knife - Buck® Knives OFFICIAL SITE

I've been toying with a Benchmade similar to [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION]'s to supplement with as I haven't switched it up in forever. Grizzly Creek & Crooked River have me enticed.

Crooked River:

Grizzly Creek:

Outlaw

Reaction score
Been EDC'ing this Buck since 2012. Even bought a backup just in case anything ever happens to it. Heat-Treated S30V, fairly light & very comfortable in-hand. NOTE: Mine is NOT serrated. Hate serrated blades.

Vantage Force - Pro Knife - Buck® Knives OFFICIAL SITE

I've been toying with a Benchmade similar to [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION]'s to supplement with as I haven't switched it up in forever. Grizzly Creek & Crooked River have me enticed.

Crooked River:

Grizzly Creek:
Let me go ahead and turn your world upside down right quick... 940 + Wood Scales + Carbon Fiber. BOOM.

Benchmade® Osborne 940-1601 Folding Knife : Cabela's

blck10th

Reaction score
Although Expensive, totally worth it......Hands down the best knife ive ever owned and probably out on the market

This. I've got 2 of them. I carry one every day. They see to have stellar customer service. Not the first time I've heard this. They aren't cheap knives but you can't argue when there's quality and customer service like them.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You made some 7th grade education level government employee very happy though.

I just picked one of these up the other day finally. I think better than benchmade Ive owned in the past.

ZT knives are the shit for heavy work and that little extra confidence you sometimes want from a blade. A bit heavier than an EDC should be in my opinion, even being a big dude, but definitely worth it if you have tough work ahead for the knife.

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
I've been contemplating a Benchmade for quality/customer service but also for a more secure locking method. Have a Kershaw Ken Onion design that's done me well for a year or two now.

But times like going to an event where they have metal detectors and forgetting you have your knife I'm glad I just have a $30 knife. Managed to hide it once in a pipe outside the stadium in Milwaukee and managed to hide it behind my belt buckle for a cubs game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom