YouTube Beirut Explosion Documentary

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I tried to find a thread on this, but "beirut" and "explosion" or combinations thereof didn't turn anything up. A thread probably exists, but I don't feel like fighting with the Search to find it.

But this documentary just reminded me of how crazy terrible that explosion was. The damage left behind was unbelievable.

The Pepco explosion was worse, but that was in an open desert area.

This was right next to a populated city.

• Sad
Reactions: BS ISF

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I'm 29 mins in and am shutting it off, the parents losing their 2 year old son is more than I can watch

I figured out early on that Isaac did not survive. Which was depressing.

But what was really hard to hear about was at the end when the mother describes finally getting to the hospital and having to be split from Isaac so she could be treated for her own wounds, and that was the last time she saw him. That hit extremely hard.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I think most folks in the US never really understood how bad this was, it's been described as the biggest non-nuclear explosion in history.
From what I'm seeing it's the biggest in the 21st century. This explosion was about 1kiloton, the port chicago explosion was over 2kt, and halifax was 3kt.

For reference here's a crazy stat: the hiroshima bomb was 15kt, and tsar bomba (biggest nuke ever) was 50 MEGATONS (one megaton = 1000 kiloton).

Crazy russians

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
That video was really well done. It’s enraging, terrifying and extremely saddening. I could not help but feel so saddened and angered over what had happened. How so many peoples families are forever changed.

I also watched another video about the Bikini Islands nuclear and rising oceans problems from that YouTube channel. Again it pulls at the heart and also angering.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info