YouTube Beirut Explosion Documentary

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
I tried to find a thread on this, but "beirut" and "explosion" or combinations thereof didn't turn anything up. A thread probably exists, but I don't feel like fighting with the Search to find it.

But this documentary just reminded me of how crazy terrible that explosion was. The damage left behind was unbelievable.

The Pepco explosion was worse, but that was in an open desert area.

This was right next to a populated city.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
Donating Member
Reaction score
The shockwave is just so unreal. And what was a pier and storage facility is literally just a crater. So nuts.

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting. WOW just WOW. So sad and completely preventable.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm 29 mins in and am shutting it off, the parents losing their 2 year old son is more than I can watch

TS
TS
Thirdgen89GTA

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
I'm 29 mins in and am shutting it off, the parents losing their 2 year old son is more than I can watch

I figured out early on that Isaac did not survive. Which was depressing.

But what was really hard to hear about was at the end when the mother describes finally getting to the hospital and having to be split from Isaac so she could be treated for her own wounds, and that was the last time she saw him. That hit extremely hard.

DEEZUZ

Pronouns
Donating Member
Reaction score
Absolutely horrible.

I still can't even wrap my head around how powerful that blast was.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think most folks in the US never really understood how bad this was, it's been described as the biggest non-nuclear explosion in history.
From what I'm seeing it's the biggest in the 21st century. This explosion was about 1kiloton, the port chicago explosion was over 2kt, and halifax was 3kt.

For reference here's a crazy stat: the hiroshima bomb was 15kt, and tsar bomba (biggest nuke ever) was 50 MEGATONS (one megaton = 1000 kiloton).

Crazy russians

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
That video was really well done. It’s enraging, terrifying and extremely saddening. I could not help but feel so saddened and angered over what had happened. How so many peoples families are forever changed.

I also watched another video about the Bikini Islands nuclear and rising oceans problems from that YouTube channel. Again it pulls at the heart and also angering.

Top Bottom