NEW RIDE BeerOrGasoline's 2022 F-150 King Ranch

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
So UPDATE:

Went with the Roush CAI over S&B (we have a dealer account so it was cheap). CAI's don't do a damn thing powerwise, the stock boxes flow great. But sometimes when you get discounts on things you just gotta do it.

1676139487556.png

CV Fab Intercooler & TurboSmart BOV were also installed. Stock on left, CV on right.

1676139834338.png

Also received the Ford Performance suspension kit. 2" leveling complete coilovers with piggyback shocks, made by Bilstein but "Tuned by Ford". Awaiting backordered camber bolts to install. Also need to decide on tires.

1676139631250.png

1676139698386.png

That's all I got for now. Deciding on tires before I install the level. Between my old standby of BFG KO2's or Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. The BFG KO3's are supposedly coming out as well but who the hell knows when. Going 285/65R20.

1676140096734.png

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Thanks bud!

I think the 3.5TT is the best all-around engine for driveability. It's the most diesel-like torque curve and power delivery I've driven in a gas combo (Tundra's new 3.5TT also delivers this experience), especially with the 10-speed. My 6-speed was a joy to drive, the 10R80 just keeps it in that sweet spot so much more. My towing throughout the year includes 2 & 4 place snowmobile trailers, U-Haul box trailers & auto haulers, 18'-24' flat deck car & utility trailers, and most importantly my 27' V-Nose enclosed. I like the 5.0 trucks quite a bit but they just need to be revved out by comparison at the same weights.
Appreciate your response. I ended up picking up a 3.5TT. So far you are spot on.

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
looks killer

do we have a thread to teach me foreskin

The basic stuff you can probably figure out yourself after watching a youtube video or two. Could always shoot me a PM or text as well. These are the cables we use. You can definitely disable the double honk & enable bambi mode (fogs stay on with high beams) pretty easily.

Reactions: crooks and Yaj Yak

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
The basic stuff you can probably figure out yourself after watching a youtube video or two. Could always shoot me a PM or text as well. These are the cables we use. You can definitely disable the double honk & enable bambi mode (fogs stay on with high beams) pretty easily.

Have you done the glare-free high beam update with foreskin? I want to do it but wouldnt mind seeing it work in person first.

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Have you done the glare-free high beam update with foreskin? I want to do it but wouldnt mind seeing it work in person first.

Yes, works better than the US auto-high beam by a long shot. Mostly beneficial for lighting sides of roads without blinding oncoming. The transition is also a lot smoother as opposed to the hard, fast cutoff they ship with. It’s a gradual increase in light.

You can turn on digital readouts on the dash as well above the digital gauges.

This is correct, had it on my 2015. Haven’t added it here as I actually run an Edge Insight CTS3 monitor in-cab. I like data.

Reactions: Tight Lines

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Tag me and I can be your guide.

Was it an option but yours didn't come with it? If so then most likely yes. I've added OEM's to F-Series trucks, expeditions & rangers in the past.

I've added the controller to an f150 before but brought it to a dealer friend to "turn it on"

integrated brake controller was included in max trailer package for navi's whcih mine doesn't have

fuck it i should order the cable

Thread Info