3800 been thinking

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
I've been thinking about my set-up recently and what all i'm planning on doing and what i've already done.

List of things I have but havent installed or am plannong on buying. (these are just the general big items)

GenV M90 - 1k
Togs - 650 (used)
IC - 1500

now those are just the big mods i've been planning on for awhile now.
But I've been doing the math and i dont think i wanna go that route anymore.

I mean the stattama turbo kit is like 3500 right?

I'm already going to be spending 3k to go slower than a turbo.

What does everyone else think? I'm thinking I go this route:

run my current set-up plus headers all this year and beef the trans and suspension.

save every freakin dime I get and then just buy a turbo in the fall or next winter.

just been thinking about this recently and wanted opinions.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Feb 2 2005, 12:27 PM
sell the headers........not needed for turbo.
[snapback]70080[/snapback]​

I know that :)

I would just run them until I got the cash for the turbo setup.

and rich if u dont have header by the time i do this i'll sell them to you.

I am definetly going to go this route now though, justin has influenced me to much :D

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
I think it depends what your Goals are, and what type of forced induction you prefer to dable in, neither are perfect, but the turbo has the Best/Most potential.

look at charles with turbo/IC, injectors, and PCM tuning.... :eek: :headbang:

ME, I love my supercharger, plus their is Less up keep

Turbos sure are enticing ;) B) , but a little more up keep.

Tough choice.....good luck.....if I were in your shows....turbod be a No Brainer, especially working were you do :unsure:

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Feb 2 2005, 04:45 PM
I think it depends what your Goals are, and what type of forced induction you prefer to dable in, neither are perfect, but the turbo has the Best/Most potential.

look at charles with turbo/IC, injectors, and PCM tuning.... :eek:  :headbang:

Tough choice.....good luck.....if I were in your shows....turbod be a No Brainer, especially working were you do :unsure:
[snapback]70107[/snapback]​

yeah walking by the spyder, the cobra, and another gn eeveryday seeing the hoods open with turbos sitting there knowing that while they have the same displacement they would put down a beating on my car anyday of the week has swayed me.

like u said charles doing 400whp with stock internals just makes me want this direction more.

performance aside thoough having something more unique is cool plus BOVs sound so awesome. too bad gps dont come in 6spds! :eek:

and honestly my goals were mid-high 12's. but we'll see on which turbo kit i go with to decide what my goals are after that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info