Elgin
beef shack is fire

tenor.gif

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Schiller Park. Get the combo, it's one of the best around.

On Irving just east of 25th in Schiller Park. (North side of Irving)
Another one by Montrose and Narragansett, not sure if it’s considered Chgo or Harwood Heights.

Edit: Another location in the city by North and Damen

https://www.jaysbeef.com

Which is not worth the drive from out here, so, yea, I'll just not live as large and get what we have. If I'm down there, different story...

One thing I will say, is that it (Beef Shack) in Elgin is sorta a pain to get to if you're coming from Elgin, going west down 20. You can't turn left from 20 directly into the strip mall it's in, then once you turn on Nesler, you also can't make the first left into the strip mall. You gotta go down a block or so, to the church entrance to make a left then back track into the strip mall.

I'm not complaining, just sayin'...

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ive had zippys. Its ok. If BS is Zippys beef, Ill stick with Portillos.

Also, we are lucky to have all these places to choose from. While on our trip, I had an itch for a good ole beef sammich. No one on the east coast believes in deli meat stuffed in a bun with gravy. :tear:

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Ive had zippys. Its ok. If BS is Zippys beef, Ill stick with Portillos.

Also, we are lucky to have all these places to choose from. While on our trip, I had an itch for a good ole beef sammich. No one on the east coast believes in deli meat stuffed in a bun with gravy. :tear:

Ya, when my sister lived in VA we had to bring her beef because there was no place to get one.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
Beef Shack has been great every time I've been there. Always get the cheesy beef with fries with Shack Sauce, mow down. I can't get the cheesy beef on garlic bread unless I'm going to be by myself with a mile wide radius for the next 24 hours because it gives me the most rancid burps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info