Because fuck it why not v. Financial responsibility

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Holy fawk, got my new mirrors installed. Power, heated with turn signals in the glass. I can actually see shit without them vibrating like the manual pieces of shit and the smaller mirror at the bottom can be moved to an actual useful position so I can see what's in my blind spot.

Someone explain how tow mirrors are $80 cheaper than the normal mirrors. I bought tow mirrors because fuck it, they're cheaper and I can see more.

https://www.am-autoparts.com/products/side-view-mirrors/AM-1128861401.html?m=2158&y=2006

vs

https://www.am-autoparts.com/products/side-view-mirrors/AM-2339004582.html?m=2158&y=2006

Also waiting for this to be delivered tomorrow: https://camera-source.com/1999-2007-classic-silverado-sierra-backup-camera.html

Looks like they use an NNBS truck rear view camera and modify it so it's an RCA jack out to hook into fancy head units.

for teh camera wire from the tailgate, where are you running it out of the tailgate?

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
for teh camera wire from the tailgate, where are you running it out of the tailgate?

The instructions and every forum says I need to drill a hole. fuckthat.jpg My tail gate has punched holes from the factory at the bottom of said tail gate. I just ran the wire through the tail gate and out the hole at the bottom before my other camera broke.

I ran the original camera cable through some openings underneath the bed but this time I'll just run it inside the frame since it's not that fancy ass boxed frame. Poverty truck.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The instructions and every forum says I need to drill a hole. My tail gate has punched holes from the factory at the bottom of said tail gate. I just ran the wire through the tail gate and out the hole at the bottom before my other camera broke.

I ran the original camera cable through some opening underneath the bed but this time I'm just run it inside the frame since it's not that fancy ass boxed frame. Poverty truck.

yeah I saw everything saying drill a hole... and :dnc:

Did you put a quick disconnect at the tailgate? or no?

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Yeah, the previous camera had a quick disconnect which is the part that broke I think. This one says it has a quick disconnect but hopefully it's constructed better so it doesn't crap out the first time I unplug the fucking thing.

There's also a grommet for the parking brake underneath your left foot in the driver's foot well. When you do yours, run your cable into the cab through there. Absolutely zero need to drill fucking holes. I hate that shit.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
So I got the camera installed during lunch but not hooked up yet.

ZPdsGaU.jpg

7jX01WJ.jpg

6yWaWaO.jpg

These are the drainage holes I was talking about that makes me scratch my head why the instructions say to drill holes in all the things. So I just ran the cable through the one closest to the driver side (the one in the picture, I think).

U3tfCHl.jpg

Thread Info