Beautiful *MODERN* White gold Diamond Engagement Ring and Wedding Band Set wIGA Cert

Receipt included $6889.50 for JUST THE Engagement Ring. Ring was Rotozipped and hasn't been worn since, so it looks brand new and never worn.
IGA cert notes it 1.35 carats for the center stone and a total weight of 1.86 carats. Ring is 14K white gold
The wedding bank is 14 K gold with diamonds. It's white gold and unsure of the carats, but it was $1,400, but I got if for less because the place was going out of business.
SIZE 6

Also, I can meet you at Jared's for an appraisal/cleaning for the engagement ring. If you use the previous purchaser's name, as I do, you can get it roto plated and inspected for free whenever.
I accept papyal + 3.5%, Popmoney, Google payments, certified checks. money orders and personal check (2 week waiting time)

$4.5K OBO for the JUST Engagement ring, or $6K OBO for both. Price includes shipping + insurance.
20131216_093656_zpsdrwsygox.jpg

fa131821-1f21-4ed9-b6ec-b3d5002739c4_zpsed65a52d.jpg

20131216_093712_zpsts7dxavn.jpg

20131216_093718_zps6uispjev.jpg

wedding band
20131216_093741_zpsidejauqe.jpg

20131216_093745_zpsq1iepihw.jpg

20131216_093757_zpsbvag1k3r.jpg

20131216_093807_zpsuclcpld9.jpg

20131216_094033_zpsoitnnsdi.jpg

20131216_094054_zpsgciuwvxl.jpg

20131216_094117_zps2jtephlx.jpg

Wedding Band receipt:
20131216_135731_zpscvzg18hx.jpg

Last edited:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I think engagement rings are next to impossible to resell. At this point id probably take it to a jeweler and see what they offer. Also am I reading the receipts right? It was bought for 5100 retail and it's now for sale at 5000? That ain't going to work.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I think engagement rings are next to impossible to resell. At this point id probably take it to a jeweler and see what they offer. Also am I reading the receipts right? It was bought for 5100 retail and it's now for sale at 5000? That ain't going to work.

looking at his reciepts

The engagement band was about $5500, (And the original receipt reflected a lay-away payment)

The wedding band was about $1400, not sure what that last receipt is for?

Regardless, wedding jewelry is hard to even get 50 cents on the dollar for second hand, regardless of condition, so this is still a REALLY hard sale.

GL with the sale, I'm assuming you had bought it intended for someone? Sorry if it didn't work out? or if she just made you buy a new one?

I wonder if there are websites specifically for things like this where you can sell it with a broker or something? Or where a shop displays it for you and gets a cut of profit when it sells (drawing a blank on what its called)...

*edit*

Consignment?

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Regardless, wedding jewelry is hard to even get 50 cents on the dollar for second hand, regardless of condition, so this is still a REALLY hard sale.
yup, after talking to a few friends in the business thats exactly what they had said. unless sold through a broker.

i still may be interested, but nowhere near 5g.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
yup, after talking to a few friends in the business thats exactly what they had said. unless sold through a broker.

i still may be interested, but nowhere near 5g.

This is why I took my wife ring shopping after we got engaged instead of just buying one :bowrofl:. If I'm going to drop 4 figures on anything for someone, they had better damn-well love it.

I appreciate guys who want to Wow their woman with a ring and surprise them with the engagement, but at the end of the day, she's still going to be a woman and begrudge the shit out of you for not buying exactly what she wants when it comes to something like this!!!

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
You'll never get close to retail for something like this. You might get 25% if you're lucky. Jewelry is one of few things that has a design markup the first time it's sold but only sells for slightly above the value of the metals/ stones every time after that.

Unless you're in the jewelry business you'd never come close to getting your money back.

I agree with Turk about buying online though... It's not as fancy as buying from a store but who cares? You're getting the same stuff for less money.

Also Ricky, you own a fucking R8. Can you spell out the word "you" please?

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
looking at his reciepts

The engagement band was about $5500, (And the original receipt reflected a lay-away payment)

The wedding band was about $1400, not sure what that last receipt is for?

GL with the sale, I'm assuming you had bought it intended for someone? Sorry if it didn't work out? or if she just made you buy a new one?

I wonder if there are websites specifically for things like this where you can sell it with a broker or something? Or where a shop displays it for you and gets a cut of profit when it sells (drawing a blank on what its called)...

*edit*

Consignment?

Exactly. The Stone was 5500 and the setting/ring was $1400. The wedding band was $805.

I appreciate the advice guys. It's OBO.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I tried to surprise an ex before with an engagement ring. Paid $7500ish but valued at $10k. I went in and found a ring I liked but didn't like the diamond (to small). So I looked and saw a nice diamond and had them put it on the ring. Well shit hit the fan and she never got the ring. I sat on it for a couple years and tried selling it on Craigslist for about $5k. One person was about to buy it but found something else and another person tried saying only $2k. So I sat on it longer and ended up ultimately making a deal with the jeweler. Since I owed $11k on my account they took the ring back and wiped out $10k. I got lucky. I actually made money off the sale.

To the OP, you can try selling on eBay and Craigslist. Just watch out for the low ballers who want to offer you practically nothing. Good luck with sale and if I hear of anybody wanting a ring, I'll be sure to have them take a look at this.

Thread Info