🤝 Sold Beater with a heater, luxury edition 2005 Lincoln aviator aka mustang in a suv chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
SOLD

Gonna finally part ways with my DD, so will be up for grabs. Gotta do some clean up on it over the weekend, change the oil and trans fluid. Has a ton of new and/or newer installed parts, i will give the list below. It does have a 190K on the clock, but will stay there since i am no longer driving it. The bad, it does have a little piston slap, but has been that way since i got it, and have put 60k on the engine with no problem from it. The truck shows it age and miles, exterior has some rust spots forming, rock chips, scratches, you name it. The interior isn't in too bad of shape with the exception of wear on the steering wheel and driver seat.

If you don't know about these SUV's, they have the 4.6 DOHC engine, 5R55 and a IRS with an 8.8. It is AWD and is a loaded version, so has HID's, NAV, rear DVD system, and factory tow package. I do have a 93oct tune on it currently, with a CAI, but going to take the tune off, so its not dependent on premium fuel for the new owner. I can include the programmer. I have towed a car trailer and car with it many times, but would say stretching it's towing capacity.

Would like to get $4500 for it, think it's pretty fair for pricing with the up keep and new parts, vs buying a completely neglected one.

Parts list or work done
----------------------------------
Fresh set of tires installed 600 miles ago, installed two new TPS sensors, but going to change out one that is bad over the weekend.
Installed new wiper blades, and rear tail light bulbs at this time as well.

New radiator and water pump done roughly 1200 miles ago, filled with Amsoil antifreeze

New front and rear shocks, lubed all suspension grease fittings, and installed new rear wheel bearings. Last oil change was done here. These have roughly 5k on them

Has a new battery which was replaced last winter, but has a cover so will grab date code over the weekend.

New Ford fuel pump and fuel filter, these were done at 180k

Installed new timing guides, and upgraded to iron tensioners. Installed all new seals for timing cover, and valve covers. Installed new spark plugs and coil boots at this time as well. Took apart the upper and lower intake manifolds, installed all new gaskets, injector O rings, and replaced broken IMRC clips. This was done around 172k

Installed new lowering springs, front wheel bearings, rear wheel bearings, front lower ball joints, front upper control arms, front outer and inner tie rod ends, upgraded front sway bar links, rear upgraded sway bar links, rear inner and outer tie rod ends, and rebuilt front driveshaft. Don't remember exact miles, but was two years ago, so would estimate around 155k

When i bought the truck i also did various upgrades and updates. The subwoofer was blown, so installed a new aftermarket upgrade over stock. I replaced the standard keys with newer Lincoln keys with integrated remotes. I installed a new rear applique, emblem and updated hinges, as those were both common fail points on these truck and explorers. I had the windows tinted to match the factory smoke glass. small change was installing LED fog light and license plate light bulbs.

20221117_141026.jpg

20221117_141045.jpg

20221117_141036.jpg

20221117_141119.jpg

20221117_141111.jpg

20221117_141137.jpg

20221117_141955.jpg

BOTTLEFED

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 7, 2015
I'm good with that, let me just double check with one guy who was asking about it before i say yes to you. Figure we just split the difference with your swap and the truck, so just $1300 from you.
I was kidding!!! lol but my woman could use a "newer" ride im in at 1k from me lol. But let me know what happens.

Reactions: 01bluesnake

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Yup, always had a soft spot for the those cars. I just wanted a cruiser, something basic to drive during the summer, thought this was perfect. Its an original V8 car too, so not as much upgrades as the 6cyl
He was doing a blow through 250 in his and had a World Class T5 swapped in.

Reactions: 01bluesnake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info