BBQed pizza

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
With the oven out to deal with the floors I said what the heck and gave it a shot. I chose a Palmeros Sausage Pizza as my victim since they're my go to cheap ass frozen pizza and I didn't want to burn up a good one. The methodology was to use indirect heat for 10 mins, rotate the pizza 90 degrees for 10 mins then turn two burners on and cook for 3 mins on direct heat to crunch up the crust a bit. The pizza was right on the rack although I may try an airbake pain the future as well. The grill its self was a Weber Genesis. It's got a couple dark spots but overall not bad in comparison to an oven one.

IMG_20210807_190322564.jpg

The overall thoughts are :
1-3 mins is too much for crunching up with the burners on high.
2-The pizza would have been soggy without crunching it up. I may try low direct heat next time
3-The directions I found on the net said to go to 400F. My grill would do 350 with only one burner, otherwise I'd have to use direct heat.
4-I have a small air bake pan, I'm half inclined to test it. If I were doing a home made pizza I'd be very inclined to go that route instead or to use a stone if it fits.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info