Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
NBCUniversal’s streaming service, Peacock, will launch next April with a substantial number of fan favorites and original series, including a reboot of Battlestar Galactica from Mr. Robot creator Sam Esmail.

This isn’t a remake of Ronald D. Moore’s Syfy version of Battlestar Galactica that drew in a dedicated fan base in the early 2000s. Still, Esmail’s version of the show will be inspired by Moore’s, according to The Hollywood Reporter, not Glen A. Larson’s original 1978 series. The new series is supposed to have a more modern focus, but details on the reboot are being kept under wraps.

Peacock will also stream Moore’s Battlestar Galactica for fans looking to get all of their Cylon goodness in one place.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Oh, and we're also getting a new Saved by the Bell on the streaming service as well ?

OH and NBC has said they were trying to find a way to get an Office reboot off the ground once they get the rights back to the original in 2021. Reboot all things!

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So.. keeping the service I have and not jumping ship will pay off in the long run as all these individual content providers will have to be bundled back together so that end users can get them all in one place and pay one price instead of 75 different bills for 75 subscription services?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
seasons then it just turned to straight shit.
The ending was a bit rushed, but then again, they got cancelled halfway through and had to rush the ending. Scifi does that a lot it seems. They almost did the same to Expanse.

But there is still a reason the show is considered one of the best SciFi drama's ever made. The characters are grounded people, good people who make terrible choices at times. Or choices blinded by prejudice, which real people do too.

Reactions: MikeyLikesIt

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Hmmmmm. I really enjoyed the reboot of BSG from the 2000’s. I was disappointed when it ended. If another reboot happens. I’ll give it a fair chance.

I wish someone would make a few more seasons of the reboot of V with a proper ending. It ran for a few seasons and then was cancelled without ever having anything resembling an ending.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Hmmmmm. I really enjoyed the reboot of BSG from the 2000’s. I was disappointed when it ended. If another reboot happens. I’ll give it a fair chance.

I wish someone would make a few more seasons of the reboot of V with a proper ending. It ran for a few seasons and then was cancelled without ever having anything resembling an ending.
I did like the V reboot.

But I pretty much like anything with Morena Baccarin and Laura Vandervoort.

There were a ton of shows back in 2007/2008 that got killed by the Writers Strike. :(
V, Bionic Woman, Terminator SCC...

Reactions: guspech750

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Throughout the release window of Peacock’s Battlestar Galactica reboot, Esmail wants to drop different numbers of episodes depending on how it best serves the story.

He gave the example of releasing 3 episodes at once because they were different angles of the same battle scene. Additionally, Esmail doesn’t want to see the writers constrained by expected runtimes and instead wishes to have episodes that vary in length as needed. This means that while some episodes might be a full hour long, shorter episodes about characters’ backstories might only require 20 minutes. All of this will allow the story to dictate the format, rather than struggling to encapsulate Battlestar Galactica’s sprawling and complex narrative and lore into a reductive framework.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info