TV Battlebots

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
They've had a few instances of bots winning even though they never actually used their main weapon this season. It makes sense to me based on how they score it. I can also understand why the contestants would get upset. I wouldn't be surprised ton see a rule change next season involving having to inflict damage or land hits with your primary weapon.

Reactions: Flyn

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
He's such a big hitter. I want him to win, but he's been in the sport for such a long time that people are figuring out how to beat him. I honestly don't even think he deserves to make the top 32 with his record.

giphy.gif

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Looks good but rotating weapons could cut the wire? Definitely a new idea.

I have wondered what the rules say. Can you have a "lightning" bot that EMPs the other bot? Probably not. An acid bot? Again, probably not. A spraying water bot? Probably all against the rules.

Flippers are still dangerous bots. Vertical spinners still work. Horizontal spinners are having problems lately. Wedges are a good idea but boring. Walkers are stupid. The giant bots are just gimmicks.

How about a bot that launches itself a foot in the air, lands on top of the other bot, clamps on and has a high powered drill that drills down into the bot innards? Have the drill be maneuverable so it can drill horizontally into bots that have arms or protection on top.

How about a tangle bot that has a metal net to catch and tangle opponents spinning weapons? After the bot weapon is tangled up, Release the net and turn into a wedge or hammer bot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info