TV Battlebots

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If you like robots fighting robots, Battlebots was back this year.

48 teams fought a series of battles until it came down to the final two. Who is going to get the giant nut trophy?

If you only want to watch one episode, the final episode is the one to see. The matches were amazing. All the finalists were tough robots doing incredible metal shredding damage to each other. This year added flame shooting and drones, including flame shooting drones. Well done to the production crew who made the matches even more interesting with their commentary.

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
tenor.gif

https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/battlebots/

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
3-1 was actually pretty good.

There's a new format. 50+ robots will be battling 1 on 1 or 1 on 1 on 1 earning points to make the top 16 who will then have a tournament.

There is also a main event battle each week. This week it was Tombstone (last year's champ and an awesome bot) against Minotaur (also an awesome bot).
They are so powerful they were chewing up the metal floor!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
The Battlebots world champion is... Biteforce!

2 giant nuts for team Biteforce. This is one tough robot. 7-0 for the season. They beat Minotaur which is a tremendously strong robot itself. Biteforce took the hits and didn't flinch. Kept on hitting back and knocked out the South American team.

Great season. Some new robot designs and a lot of rock em sock em action. Can't wait for next year.

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
I'm definitely looking forward to Cobalt this year. That weapon looks like it'll be mean. Hafta see how it's defense is once it gets a real challenge.

That ruling with Quantum and Blacksmith was disappointing. I think if your weapon gets caught, that's your design flaw, and you should be the one penalized for it. It's not like Blacksmith was the one holding onto their weapon preventing it from dislodging.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info