Baterry Tender- Please help

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I thought the Tender was a trickle charger? What is different about it?

EDIT-I read the FAQ which says the Tender keeps the voltage at 14.4 while other trickle chargers can go higher and cause gassing. They say that their electronic control circuit makes their charger better. Could be, but I've never had a problem with a trickle charger. However, for only an extra $10, the Tender sounds like the way to go.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Cliff that was the impression I got when I read the box of the charger at the auto store. They had one model that was a charger only, then they had another that said trickle charge to maintain all batteries, but no where on the box does it say tender. I know all a tender is a trickle charge, but that circuit on the link Dana gave us, could b e the difference then. I'll probably order the Battery Tender Plus this week when I get a chance, thanks Dana for the link

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Left alone long enough, a trickle charger will harm a battery. The Battery Tender is designed to be left on 24/7 all year round, if necessary.
I have had one on my bikes for many years now and they work well. They are deinitely not the same as a trickle charger.
They also either come with or have available a quick release plug so that the connections can be left attached to the battery permanently and only the plug disconnected when the charger is not needed.

Dana

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info