Batavia High School put on lockdown this morning

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Not sure if posted earlier, but it caused some consternation in our household this morning as our kids go to a private school in Batavia and they were on "soft" lockdown for this. Both Wife and I got automated phone calls on it. Then later she texted me the ok.

https://wgntv.com/2019/04/08/police-responding-to-batavia-high-school-after-reports-of-person-with-rifle-entering-school/

BATAVIA, Ill. -- The lockdown has been lifted and police have given the "all-clear" at Batavia High School after a report of a person with a rifle entering the school.

The city of Batavia tweeted just after 6:30 a.m. Monday that police were responding to the high school located at 1201 Main Street. The school does not open for classes until 7:35 a.m.

Police said they received a call from a concerned citizen who saw a man dressed in black walking into the school with what looked like a rifle. Authorities searched the school and found no gunman.

"Fortunately, no gunman was found and there were no report of injuries," said a tweet from the city of Batavia.

Police said they did find a person fitting the caller's description carrying a baseball bat.

The scene has been cleared and police say the high school is now safe. No injuries were reported.

Batavia police said they take all calls seriously and will use necessary resources to make sure schools are safe.

Classes will resume at 10 a.m.

Batavia High School was on lockdown for about two hours as police searched the premises early Monday. Batavia Public School District 101 had alerted all students and facility that no one was allowed in the building. Any students who had been picked up by a school bus were returned home.
It turns out, it was some kid with a softball/baseball bat in a black bag (what she texted me this morning also). For fucking real!

I get the jittery atomosphere we're all in right now, but look at what trouble one citizen created for no reason other than because of the current environment we're in.

Again, I get vigilance, but still...

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
Our elementary school will be used tonight for practice for shooter scenarios with full SWAT teams and "even a tank". I'm thankful that they are prepared, but hate that it needs to come to this.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
It's a good thing that kid carrying baseball equipment wasn't shot on site by someone with an itchy finger. That kid probably feels awful even though he did nothing wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom