• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Badgeless grills???

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
I dont need one, I got the real deal made by the MAN himself..... Zack!

The reason I mentioned this is because the guy on MM.net (MercuryED) that gets mentioned EVERY TIME someone asks "where can I get one of those grills" seems to be MIA owing quite a few Marauder grills.

Moral of the story? If it aint broke dont fix it! Zack comes through with the goods EVERYTIME

Besides Zack makes a better grill, he uses plastic weld, no bondo at all....

:pedobear:

Bodyman

Regular
Nov 21, 2010
Warrenton,MO
Ill spend my money with a cool mofo like him anytime lol. All joking aside Thru the years seen alot crazy things w/ people & our cars say like doing a build & wreck cust car then do a chop shop body repair HM?? Seems to me the guy in FLA is into a good amount of people & failing to respond nor deliver on grilles. Knowing Zack & the way he is I cant ever see him pull some shit like this stuff. Besides if he wrecked my car while in his posesion I wouldnt be upset Id be ok with it cause for once I would be the one giving him shit instead of receiving it J/K.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Well thanks!
Actually I've seen a MercuryEd grill in person and its good but not great. He doesn't nail the uniformity of the bars like I can using real grill slats from a donor..
I've made about 175 grills over the past 8 years and appreciate everyone who has sent me their business.
Thanks everyone.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
DTRChrome.jpg
i

Grill5.jpg

Picture157.jpg

BlueChrome.jpg

BlackBadgeless.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
The black/chrome combo is the shit!

The reason his quality isn't the same as yours is because he dremels the Mercury emblem holder down to match the bars then fills them in with body filler to "create" the look.

You use 2 OEM grills, cut the slats out of a donor, then weld them inplace

There is NO comparison between the 2.

Lastly I would like to say :fu: to the members that continued to shout this guy out on the forum knowing Zack is the originator of this design. You come over here and nut swing :nutz: on every build Zack posts then coneviently forget he is,,,, and has always been the ONLY option for a badgeless grill

:drums:

SC Cheesehead

God Speed Blues Brother
Oct 18, 2009
Well thanks!
Actually I've seen a MercuryEd grill in person and its good but not great. He doesn't nail the uniformity of the bars like I can using real grill slats from a donor..
I've made about 175 grills over the past 8 years and appreciate everyone who has sent me their business.
Thanks everyone.

If you'd still make mesh grilles, I'd get one from you in a heartbeat. I've got a MercuryEd medium mesh grille on my car, but really like the one you made for Marauderman much better.

Say the word, bubba, and I'm number one in line if you want to make another!

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Wow. I never thought that chrome on the DTR would look good. But it does.

And yeah. Zacks a nice guy.

And he gives a mean neck message too.

Are you sure you see chrome grills in the pics Zack posted? Maybe I need to look at them again.....

OK your right, 3 of the 5 grill posted are indeed chrome. My eyes are OK

If you'd still make mesh grilles, I'd get one from you in a heartbeat. I've got a MercuryEd medium mesh grille on my car, but really like the one you made for Marauderman much better.

Say the word, bubba, and I'm number one in line if you want to make another!

Not trying to kick you in the nuts Rex but you did make this comment AFTER Zack posted pics in this thread. So is it safe to say you also saw atleast 3 chrome grills?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82511

How hard is it to say "yeah, Zack makes a very nice chrome grill, PM on TCG.com"?

This is exactly what I meant when I said this:
musclemerc said:
Lastly I would like to say :fu: to the members that continued to shout this guy out on the forum knowing Zack is the originator of this design. You come over here and nut swing :nutz: on every build Zack posts then coneviently forget he is,,,, and has always been the ONLY option for a badgeless grill

:drums:

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
To avoid a million PM's, to make a badgeless grill I need 2 grills to work with.
OEM is no longer available so unless you alreday have them, aftermarket is the only option.

The color/chrome grills I havent mae in years. the paint just does not stick well to the chrome shell, no matter how it has been prepped.
Can I still make them, sure. Gonna be $400 just to walk through that door.

SC Cheesehead

God Speed Blues Brother
Oct 18, 2009
Not trying to kick you in the nuts Rex but you did make this comment AFTER Zack posted pics in this thread. So is it safe to say you also saw atleast 3 chrome grills?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82511

How hard is it to say "yeah, Zack makes a very nice chrome grill, PM on TCG.com"?

This is exactly what I meant when I said this:

I was thinking a completely chrome grille, shell plus bars (ala Grand Marquis style), I've only seen one of those (that was the OK guy); but you're absolutely right, Zack's chrome bar version is sweet!

Wasn't certain if Zack was still making the badgeless grilles with all the other stuff he had going on, that's really the only reason I'd offered up Mercuryed's as an option. Definitely stand corrected on that. :hs:

Not happening Rex. Plus they are ugly.
Had to give it one last shot, and I STILL think Tom's mesh grille is one fine piece of workmanship. :D

Blackmobile

Oct 21, 2012
A few have fell off but not too many. I have popped off a few loose ones, and plan to re-glue them back down with some clear epoxy.The grill only goes on for special occasions and car shows. Would like to know where to get some extras though.

one is mine, mdrider88 bought my old Marauder with one and you.
Is yours still holding up, a bunch of crystals fell out of mine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info