• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Badgeless grills???

lji372

Mar 11, 2012
You just bought a 25000 dollar car and are afraid of commitment? No comment.

To answer your question, I do not make the spoilers, sorry.

well........ yeah. sounds funny when you say it (and it was more than 25) it was one of the quickest decisions i've made. wife said go ahead and i said yes before she changed her mind!

thinking of going badgeless on the black

the silver has that (sorry to those of you that have it don't hate me it's just one mans opinion) ugly godshead thing on the grill. still not sure what to do about it. maybe tear up a center cap and see how that looks if it's the right size. i havent even looked into it yet.

so....i need to send you two grills and a hundred bucks to go badgeless correct? you can only get one badgless out of a donor?

lji372

Mar 11, 2012
FYI the center cap is not large enough to cover the Mercury wave on the front of the car. Others have used the center cap to mod the front grill but its not 100%.

The center cap works way better on the trunk badge, it will cover it 100%

Lastly, go badgeless or nothing :)

that'll mean two. i do like the s.b. badgless i saw painted silver

can one donor make two, or not enough long ribs?

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
well........ yeah. sounds funny when you say it (and it was more than 25) it was one of the quickest decisions i've made. wife said go ahead and i said yes before she changed her mind!

thinking of going badgeless on the black

the silver has that (sorry to those of you that have it don't hate me it's just one mans opinion) ugly godshead thing on the grill. still not sure what to do about it. maybe tear up a center cap and see how that looks if it's the right size. i havent even looked into it yet.

so....i need to send you two grills and a hundred bucks to go badgeless correct? you can only get one badgless out of a donor?

Silver birch grills are pricey because the center section will need to be re-painted, unless you find a donor silver grill.
I have some extra bars laying around and can set you up.

kilm70

Dec 29, 2013
Well thanks!
Actually I've seen a MercuryEd grill in person and its good but not great. He doesn't nail the uniformity of the bars like I can using real grill slats from a donor..
I've made about 175 grills over the past 8 years and appreciate everyone who has sent me their business.
Thanks everyone.

Hello my name is Alec and I'm new to this forum, I got your info from Marauder.net and I would like to see about purchasing a black badgless grill from you Zack if they are still available please.
Thank you,
Alec Kiln

To avoid a million PM's, to make a badgeless grill I need 2 grills to work with.
OEM is no longer available so unless you alreday have them, aftermarket is the only option.

The color/chrome grills I havent mae in years. the paint just does not stick well to the chrome shell, no matter how it has been prepped.
Can I still make them, sure. Gonna be $400 just to walk through that door.

I'v had real good luck sanding the chrome then using a product called Bulldog adhesion promoter. I haven't done this to a grill but I have used it on a lot of other chrome, brass and aluminum parts that spend lots of time in the Florida sunshine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info