🔧 BUILD FESTER665's 1993 Foxbody Cobra build - Coyote/Tremec incoming - 22 years in the making.

General Information

Of course as with most things, it's a slow build in progress. I will usually get comments ranging from "it looks great!" to "You're ruining that car!" but since you'll never make everyone happy, I just do what I want to do to it. :headbang:

Year: 1993
Make/Model: Mustang Cobra #235
Specs: Teal/Opal Gray leather
Numbers: 310 RWHP/308 RWTQ
1/4 mile time: 13.04 @ 104.6

I bought the car in 1998 with 24k miles on it. It now has 54k on it. It's a slow work of progress that I hope to have done in the next three years. I'm hoping I'll actually get to have it out this summer with the new motor in it, but it's depending on finances at this point.

Here's the car before I had any work done on it:
3810_1134151203210_2003795_n.jpg

Some people hate this, but it's been on so long I just leave it on:
bumper-1.gif

Put in white faced gauges and a 5" tach.... Debating going to a white faced tach, or changing the gauges back to black though..... Also ditched the horse on the dash and put a cobra there instead....
CobraInterior.jpg

Then I slowly made my way under the hood doing a few bolt-ons here and there.... My A/C compressor locked up so instead of replacing it I just moved the P/S to where it used to be.
Cobra4.jpg

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL

Girls fucking loved him, so if you were playing his shit, girls were on you. Hit up the all girls catholic HS dances when they were getting out, playing some Vanilla Ice, chicks would jump in your car with you. Then he busted out that 5.0 and MFers went crazy, everyone wanted one lol.
Looking good FESTER665 FESTER665 !! You know I swing from the foxbody nuts hard.

Side story: one of my old hot Rod buddy’s sister actually won the Vanilla ice mustang from B96 or whatever the station was called back then. It was a huge live giveaway event. I don’t know what she did with the car or if she sold it. I just remember them calling her name live and I was like WTF??!!

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Looking good FESTER665 FESTER665 !! You know I swing from the foxbody nuts hard.

Side story: one of my old hot Rod buddy’s sister actually won the Vanilla ice mustang from B96 or whatever the station was called back then. It was a huge live giveaway event. I don’t know what she did with the car or if she sold it. I just remember them calling her name live and I was like WTF??!!

I thought VI kept the car himself, and still has it.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

The killer B was the station

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The Holley Coyote controls just arrived though, so thats always nice.

Need to talk to Motion Raceworks and figure out drive by cable throttle body setup on the coyote intake and order that stuff up.
Let me know what kind of price Motion gives you. My guy is sponsored by them and he might be able to beat it

Reactions: FESTER665

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
The Holley Coyote controls just arrived though, so thats always nice.

Need to talk to Motion Raceworks and figure out drive by cable throttle body setup on the coyote intake and order that stuff up.
Go to Accufab, order up the 84.5 for the coyote and choose mechanical option. Depending what intake manifold you are trying to use, the cable mounting bracket will be the biggest hassle.

Thread Info