🔧 BUILD FESTER665's 1993 Foxbody Cobra build - Coyote/Tremec incoming - 22 years in the making.

General Information

Of course as with most things, it's a slow build in progress. I will usually get comments ranging from "it looks great!" to "You're ruining that car!" but since you'll never make everyone happy, I just do what I want to do to it. :headbang:

Year: 1993
Make/Model: Mustang Cobra #235
Specs: Teal/Opal Gray leather
Numbers: 310 RWHP/308 RWTQ
1/4 mile time: 13.04 @ 104.6

I bought the car in 1998 with 24k miles on it. It now has 54k on it. It's a slow work of progress that I hope to have done in the next three years. I'm hoping I'll actually get to have it out this summer with the new motor in it, but it's depending on finances at this point.

Here's the car before I had any work done on it:
3810_1134151203210_2003795_n.jpg

Some people hate this, but it's been on so long I just leave it on:
bumper-1.gif

Put in white faced gauges and a 5" tach.... Debating going to a white faced tach, or changing the gauges back to black though..... Also ditched the horse on the dash and put a cobra there instead....
CobraInterior.jpg

Then I slowly made my way under the hood doing a few bolt-ons here and there.... My A/C compressor locked up so instead of replacing it I just moved the P/S to where it used to be.
Cobra4.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
View attachment 124076
Car is at the body shop getting the engine bay smoothed out. I’m headed there Saturday morning to bring them some money and to see what else they recommend like if I should replace the core support or anything like that.

Hoping to get a better idea on timeframe for this stage to be done before it goes to Streetcar Shenanigans to start getting more of the work done. After the engine bay, SS will be doing all the hydraboost lines, brake lines, replacing subframe connectors, painting the underside, and fuel system.

Gotta see if they’re going to want to handle all the interior and wiring or if it’ll come back to me for all that and then they finish the install.

Also going to have the body shop take a better look at the car to get a price on painting the entire car if money allows at the end of the project.

Shawn1112 Shawn1112 when you go see the guys working on your shit, what do you do, float some money to buy the guys lunch?
I ask how many guys are working in the shop. In my case it was 12-15. Told Ricky I’m sending them pizza on that Friday. Ordered from Rossetti’s and sent more than enough pizza

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Lo-Ko in Oak Lawn is good too. In April I had them powder coat a set of calipers for my GF's car and they turned out nice. Turnaround time was 3 weeks, which was reasonable considering they had mentioned they were busy and some materials were in short supply.
They are good as well. They do a ton of motorcycle shit

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Did I just read Shawn1112 Shawn1112 mention Vanilla Ice ?!?!?!? My day is done. :bowrofl:
Girls fucking loved him, so if you were playing his shit, girls were on you. Hit up the all girls catholic HS dances when they were getting out, playing some Vanilla Ice, chicks would jump in your car with you. Then he busted out that 5.0 and MFers went crazy, everyone wanted one lol.

Thread Info