🔧 BUILD FESTER665's 1993 Foxbody Cobra build - Coyote/Tremec incoming - 22 years in the making.

General Information

Of course as with most things, it's a slow build in progress. I will usually get comments ranging from "it looks great!" to "You're ruining that car!" but since you'll never make everyone happy, I just do what I want to do to it. :headbang:

Year: 1993
Make/Model: Mustang Cobra #235
Specs: Teal/Opal Gray leather
Numbers: 310 RWHP/308 RWTQ
1/4 mile time: 13.04 @ 104.6

I bought the car in 1998 with 24k miles on it. It now has 54k on it. It's a slow work of progress that I hope to have done in the next three years. I'm hoping I'll actually get to have it out this summer with the new motor in it, but it's depending on finances at this point.

Here's the car before I had any work done on it:
3810_1134151203210_2003795_n.jpg

Some people hate this, but it's been on so long I just leave it on:
bumper-1.gif

Put in white faced gauges and a 5" tach.... Debating going to a white faced tach, or changing the gauges back to black though..... Also ditched the horse on the dash and put a cobra there instead....
CobraInterior.jpg

Then I slowly made my way under the hood doing a few bolt-ons here and there.... My A/C compressor locked up so instead of replacing it I just moved the P/S to where it used to be.
Cobra4.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Im taking the Shawn1112 Shawn1112 approach, I have no kids and cant take it with me when I die, fuck it.

At least let me enjoy my car again.

Otherwise the fucking thing was never going to get done sitting in my garage.
Just leave me the car and everything that goes with it in your will. I promise I wont put anything bigger than a 22" rim on it
Might sell Jimbo the motor and make the car fast with a LS

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The guy said his Dad was looking at the rest of the car to talk about the entire thing getting done eventually, so that idea is already starting. :bowrofl:
Have you mentioned who is doing the work? I dont think I ever seen that info.
What other shops are going to be involved with this build. My experience, the least amount the better as everyone will always be bale to point a finger at the "other shops". If I wind up doing another build, I already told Ricky, he is getting the complete build. It could take a year or 2 years but he is doing it all.

Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Have you mentioned who is doing the work? I dont think I ever seen that info.
What other shops are going to be involved with this build. My experience, the least amount the better as everyone will always be bale to point a finger at the "other shops". If I wind up doing another build, I already told Ricky, he is getting the complete build. It could take a year or 2 years but he is doing it all.
The majority of the work is going to be done by Nick at Streetcar Shenanigans in Antioch...... They did a coyote swap for a customer that they named Lochness and I went up to see it when it was done and it came out great so I wanted them to do this. It's just been tricky with everything he has going on but the work he does is really good, with a touch of OCD which I appreciate.

Being in Anitoch, he uses a shop in Kenosha for the body work, PAB Auto Body so I had them do the engine bay and it came out better than I expected based on what I see in the pictures he has been sending, so I will likely use them for the entire car when it gets to that point as well. Prices were very reasonable considering some of the prices I was seeing, and they were able to get in me fairly quickly compared to some places as well. When I went up there to put down a deposit they had some beautiful builds going on, including another Foxbody that a guy sent up from Georgia to have them do.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Well not going to happen now that I threw the entire MM catalog underneath it and an IRS in the rear, but still like the look.
Roadster Shop chassis is the next step, no air ride.

Antioch is a hop skip and a jump away. 03GTGreen 03GTGreen lives up that way too. Let us know when you're up there at some point (on a weekend) and we'll grab lunch/beers.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Roadster Shop chassis is the next step, no air ride.

Antioch is a hop skip and a jump away. 03GTGreen 03GTGreen lives up that way too. Let us know when you're up there at some point (on a weekend) and we'll grab lunch/beers.
Because he is poor and from Streamhood, you cant invite him over to your mansion for beers?
Just tell your neighbors your interviewing him for your landscaping so they dont look down on you for hanging with poor people.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Because he is poor and from Streamhood, you cant invite him over to your mansion for beers?
Just tell your neighbors your interviewing him for your landscaping so they dont look down on you for hanging with poor people.
My neighborhood is quiet and peaceful, no need to invite the riff-raff. It's bad enough when 03GTGreen 03GTGreen comes around.

• Haha

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
What intake manifold are you going to run?
Just the stock Gen 2 for now, will be on the lookout for a deal on an 18+ but all the research Ive seen says the 18+ is more than enough for the typical NA build..... I dont want to spend a fortune on an intake and new TB setup and all that if eventually the engine ends up looking like this:
1658507553455.png

• Love
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Just the stock Gen 2 for now, will be on the lookout for a deal on an 18+ but all the research Ive seen says the 18+ is more than enough for the typical NA build..... I dont want to spend a fortune on an intake and new TB setup and all that if eventually the engine ends up looking like this:
View attachment 126846
N/A lol, who you kidding. Your eventually going to throw some boost at it, especially when some 18yr old with a Hellcat is walking you

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
View attachment 126846
Check-in and see what Dr. Drew has laying around the shop 01bluesnake 01bluesnake he might have a CJ and TB that you can put on now, have fun with, then resell for the same price down the road.

Reactions: 01bluesnake

Thread Info