• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Bad engine noise

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Definitely bottom end. That motor is fucked.
Put a shovel and bag of cat litter in the trunk and the title in the console.
That way when it decides to put the insides on the outside you can clean all the parts up with the shovel and place them in the trunk (in case the new owner wants them), spread some cat litter to soak up the oil off of the highway and sign/leave the title in the car when your ride shows up.

rz79

TCG Elite Member
Jun 29, 2009
That way when it decides to put the insides on the outside you can clean all the parts up with the shovel and place them in the trunk (in case the new owner wants them), spread some cat litter to soak up the oil off of the highway and sign/leave the title in the car when your ride shows up.

MMBLUE

Regular
Apr 27, 2011

This ^^^had me laughing hysterically. My family is now convinced that I'm nucking futs.

MMBLUE

Regular
Apr 27, 2011
+1 on the Aviator motor.. Try to search junkyards for a totaled one. As soon as anyone tags an item with mustang or cobra, for some reason the price doubles.

When I was looking, I found it best to look through local channels. Junk yards have a network that they work through and usually can find anything you need within a 100 mile radius.

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
Aviator engine works just fine here. Yes you will need to reuse your top end.

I put about 5,000 miles on my barn find Aviator engine with around 100,000 miles when when I got it. It works fine.

If you go this route, be sure to put in new plugs and ESPECIALLY C.O.P.S.. You don't want it misfiring over something so minimal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info